Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(apologies if somebody already mentioned this upthread)

I have an issue with the traffic information on the main screen with 24.1
It does not seem to refresh like it used to.
Several times I have looked at the traffic at one zoom level and it seems (suspiciously) okay, only to zoom in and it shows more up to date and accurate info. Zoom out to the previous level and it is wrong, zoom out again and it is accurate.

I know the traffic doesnt instanty update, maybe every 10 mins or so, but something has changed and the refresh rate is much worse than before.

Quite frustrating as this is an exceptionally valuable feature of the car to me and I now have to be extra alert to ensure I am not driving onto the end of an avoidable queue

Several times I have looked at the traffic at one zoom level and it seems (suspiciously) okay, only to zoom in and it shows more up to date and accurate info. Zoom out to the previous level and it is wrong, zoom out again and it is accurate.

I know the traffic doesnt instanty update, maybe every 10 mins or so, but something has changed and the refresh rate is much worse than before.

Quite frustrating as this is an exceptionally valuable feature of the car to me and I now have to be extra alert to ensure I am not driving onto the end of an avoidable queue
May I introduce you to the search function at the top of the screen?

Hit the magnifying glass icon, type in "traffic" and select "this thread only"

Now, go fish.

Yes, it has been mentioned, several times. :)

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Anyone else noticed stale traffic data (colored lines) in the new maps?
I was driving late at night on hwy 101 in the Bay Area and traffic was clear, but the maps showed lots of areas in red which was only true a lot earlier during day when I last drove.
When I changed the zoom level, the traffic refreshed and showed all green, but zooming back to the default highway level showed the many red spots again.
Weird!

Here you go @thegruf

Noticed the same. Toggling off and on traffic seems to force a refresh.

I wonder if the 2018.24.7 d133af3 that's now on Teslafi is just for the Model 3 or has anything new.
It appears to be 3 only, perhaps a bug fix for 2018.24.1, as most 3's are/were on 2018.21.9:
upload_2018-7-10_16-5-20.png

upload_2018-7-10_16-5-52.png

okay - how about this one - I reckon they improved the steering sensitivity when they reviewed the driver input vs nags, seems a load better to me, has tightened up the feel with the initial movement nicely and makes for an even more enjoyable drive.

A little off topic... But it seems like the updates from Tesla have stalled? We're at the end of the 28th week, but the newest update is still 24.1. Could they be focusing more development on version 9? Or have they met some kind of stumbling block in AP?

Reactions: don123
A little off topic... But it seems like the updates from Tesla have stalled? We're at the end of the 28th week, but the newest update is still 24.1. Could they be focusing more development on version 9? Or have they met some kind of stumbling block in AP?

You forgot the most obvious and clearly correct explanation: 2018.24.1 is perfect and requires no enhancements!

/s

That's my feeling. All efforts have been put towards version 9. Oddly enough, I somehow am surprised that nobody seems to know what exactly it has.. other than an interface change and some peripheral autopilot enhancements.