Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has nothing to do with AP. The guy in front of you is driving slowly. I don't understand your post.

@SeBsZ, are you talking about MY post with the 18 km/h speed? It was from Gastrogate's post just prior to mine where they were posting a photo of how many vehicles were visible in the AP image. They are obviously stuck in traffic or rush hour or an accident or something and I was merely commenting that AP is awesome for moments like that when you are only doing 18 km/h in a 120 km/h zone.

Sorry, I guess not everyone understands humor from other countries sometimes.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I totally agree, I just misunderstood.

My fault as well as I could have mentioned it was a joke. Agreed though that it wasn't about AP or this thread and apologies about that.

Back to that photo though, it almost looks like a 9th vehicle can be seen on the left row of vehicles. I'll have to go out and purposely look for a traffic jam to see if I can get 8 or more vehicles on the display. I'm still on this update so there is limited time before the next one gets pushed out to the vehicle.

2016 MS75 AP1. Since this update, the energy usage is reported as >400 wH (in the past was 290-320) and phantom drain yesterday was 45 miles used with a 95 mile loss of range. Also, the Airconditioning is cooling very poorly. Range mode On has minimal impact on both problems. SC says battery ok(?) and need outside diverter valve replacement. With Lexus they overnight parts and install the next day. No 2 weeks delay and sweating every afternoon.
Got 26.3 and AC started working great and energy usage much improved. Then, today they took it away with an update to 26,2 and back to the same problems as before. Never heard of Update going backwards.

Last edited:
Got 26.3 and AC started working great and energy usage much improved. Then, today they took it away with an update to 26,2 and back to the same problems as before. Never heard of Update going backwards.

There is no 26.3, as far as I know. Not showing on teslafi anyway.

Have you tried doing a full power off reboot? Select Power Off from the controls, leave the car for at least 3 minutes (or even overnight if you want to be really sure), then step on brake to turn it on.

There definitely was a 26.3 briefly as I have seen screenshots that others have taken also. Must’ve had serious problems and they removed it. Will try the power off if the SC appointment on Monday can’t resolve the problems. Thanks.

Since I've received 2018-24-1 12dd099 my Model S P90DL feels not the same anymore..0-60 (or here in Europe 0-100km/h) is definetly slower...

just can't get under 3.8s, before I always hit the mark at around 2.8-3.0s..same with another Tesla Model S Owner P85D previous the update 3.1-3.0 now can't get it under 4.1 or 4s...
Tested it with several tools (apps such as power tools and stop watch etc)
A few day ago, we've tested again with another P85D without the SW Update...reached the 60 Mark in 3.1s with a driver and a passenger..same road condition, no battery pre-heat, no lc and SOC at around 70%

1s difference is huge, it's that extra omph that paints a Tesla smile or makes you and your passengers feel sick to the stomach :p

Anyone else with a P Model noticing a significant change in acceleration?? Also, feels generally slower at passing speeds such as 30-50mph

Would love to hear your experiences..maybe someone has the time to even test it. If anyone is interested, I have several log-files doing those runs. If any of you have additional questions, just shoot!

Just can't believe that Tesla would do such a thing just to reduce stress on the drive train and or battery..must be a sw bug..At least I hope so. Me and my buddy have already posted this particular issue over at the German tesla forum (direct link). currently we are getting mixed results, it looks though as if this issue only shows up with Perfomance versions.

Cheers

I haven’t noticed a difference in my P85DL but will get an actual timed 0-60mph for you today (though I already upgraded from 2018.24.1 to 2018.26 a couple of days ago..)

Excited for some real world results
Tested again yesterday and with outside temperature sitting at 95f i've reached a 3.75s time. Awesome tool btw.

P90DL with 21" wheels no launch control or pre-heated battery. SOC at around 40%

IMG_4060.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 321059

Excited for some real world results
Tested again yesterday and with outside temperature sitting at 95f i've reached a 3.75s time. Awesome tool btw.

P90DL with 21" wheels no launch control or pre-heated battery. SOC at around 40%

View attachment 321059
Wow, strange. But I remember a discussion a year ago about P90Ds getting their performance nerfed in an update. Tesla had to roll back after a lot of pressure and some legal threats. But it was nothing as massive as this. Maybe a separate thread is in order.

Reactions: kavyboy