Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - 2018.26.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update as well. It does appear to fix the bluetooth echo problem. Will know better after a couple of days of driving.

Hoping this also fixes a problem I have been seeing with the brake and washer fluid lights staying on. Tesla acknowledged it is a bug and claimed a fix is coming.

I am loving the way these updates work. Though I am sure just about any car company is better at updates than BMW. My 2016 MINI had an issue where the car would sometimes not notice when the clutch was pressed. This caused issues with auto start/stop and led to malfunction warnings. Took BMW over a year to fix it and when they did it erased all my settings and reset the trip computer. BMW has really terrible software engineering practices.

Last edited:
I'm a little annoyed. I had a mobile service visit 4 hours earlier this same day and only received the prior firmware update.

FWIW I got mine when it was at the service center getting new rims and tires and they seemed kind of shocked that it rolled out at all.

I don’t know if they really know much but they’re claiming a multitude of bug fixes and improvements in the 2018.28.xx updates. The .26 seems to be a pretty limited rollout for Model 3.

FWIW I got mine when it was at the service center getting new rims and tires and they seemed kind of shocked that it rolled out at all.

I don’t know if they really know much but they’re claiming a multitude of bug fixes and improvements in the 2018.28.xx updates. The .26 seems to be a pretty limited rollout for Model 3.

Could be. The 28 release is what I was waiting on when my car got 26.1. Its very likely linked to me calling the service line about the brake light issue.

^^ ditto. Just received 26.1 today. Summon is a cool toy (toddlers loved being in the back seat while the car parked itself)! The door lock chime is hardly an annoyance for our garage (adjacent to our kitchen), I’d say the chime is more of a faint beep and not a blast of the horn, which I was scared it would be.

Pleasantly surprised to find out that the Tesla app (after you accept Summon as beta in the car) has a feature to close/open the garage linked to my Homelink (the good - flexibility, the bad - security risk if phone is ever stolen I guess)...

Reactions: Petesjca
Got mine around 6PM. The noise is a good intensity. Not like when you honk it with the app, but more short lived. Just enough for you to know it locked.

It also said there was a rainbow road easter egg if i engaged auto pilot then pulled the stalk 4 times. I don't have EAP, but do you think it would still work in cruise control? A bit of a tease if not...

Reactions: Petesjca