Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update - 2018.26.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a constant brake light tonight after pulling out of a store parking lot. Pulled over, put the car in park and then back to drive. Seemed to fix it.

Took my M3 in a week ago for the brake issue. Hopefully this FW update fixes it.

Here's what the SC diagnosis was:

"Confirmed fluid low alerts are present after the vehicle wakes from sleep. Verified whether the alerts are cleared 2 minutes later after hysteresis timer expires. Confirmed that the fluid levels are physically nominal. Found there is known firmware bug caused the alert came on, The Tesla engineering is actively working to find a remedy, the future over the air firmware update will fix this issue. Test drove and verified the vehicle is safe to drive."

Another brake light icon this morning as I was leaving my driveway. Stopped and toggled in and out of park but it did not clear. Rebooted and that got rid of the brake icon. On the other hand my tire icon has been on since I got the car. Pressures are now set at 42 warm. They were at 47-48 when I picked it up.

I got this update. And now I've gotten it again twice more. I run the upgrade and it comes back as 2018.16.1 still. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, turns out it's because I had a service appointment for a tire rotation. The tech said there was also a bulletin for a BMS update that came in 2018.24.7 and it was supposed to be ready to update before he came today. Since I already had 26.1 it triggered again automatically, and then he triggered it himself this morning to make sure it was updated. :D

Phone notification received at 2:5-pm, but the car is not showing me the screen to allow me to install the update. Anyone else seeing this? Any way to force that screen to come up in the car?

RT

I'm seeing the same thing. Got the notification at 2pm, but when I got to my car at 6pm there was no update modal. Tapping on the Tesla logo didn't show any update available and there was no update icon in the header either =/. Wonder if there was a problem with push notifications going out early or if the update got pulled for some reason.

same as the others. Received notification update on phone this pm, but no yellow clock and no notification in the car for an update.

Same here, phone notification but nothing in the car!

I had this same thing happen. I called into service, and they said that they sent out the update, but then quickly pulled it because of some bugs they found, and he said just to wait until the next update comes out (no action needed). He didn't specify what the bug was, but it must have been enough for them to abort the update.

• Informative
Reactions: RubberToe
Has anyone else noticed a lot more battery loss with this update? On the prior version I would lose about 2 miles a day, but on 26.1, I lost 10 miles during the day in my office parking garage and another 5 while at home this evening.

Has anyone else noticed a lot more battery loss with this update? On the prior version I would lose about 2 miles a day, but on 26.1, I lost 10 miles during the day in my office parking garage and another 5 while at home this evening.

If the interior is being cooled it could happen pretty easy. In a garage out of the sun i would think that's not a problem though.