TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.28.1 7d0461c

Discussion in 'Model S' started by croman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. croman

croman Active Member

This seems to be going to AP2, AP2.5 (including Model 3).

Anyone have any release notes? Clearly not 9.0 but I'm wondering if this is the final 8.1 before 9.0 arrives (at least for early access).

• Informative x 2
  2. pEAkfrEAk

pEAkfrEAk Member

Same release notes like .26 and 26.2

• Informative x 2
  3. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

There will be another 8.1 before 9.

4. born2run

born2run Member

It would be great if this fixed the iphone X echo problem (over bluetooth). .26 did not.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Interesting it's so 'old', since you'd think 2018.30 would have been 'now', at the mininum (this is week 32).

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

But that wouldn't be AP rev dependent? Right? Wonder what an AP2.x version is fixing (if that's not a red herring...). (I know all X's are AP2.x, but S's and 3's are getting this...)

upload_2018-8-7_10-31-20.png

7. croman

croman Active Member

Hopefully that means 9.0 is next. Elon's bloviations aside, Karpathy has been more chipper lately.

8. Sambas

Sambas Member

Downloaded it today. I didn’t notice much of a difference in the behavior of AP on the freeway, although it navigated a tough intersection in my neighborhood for the first time.

• Informative x 2
  9. Sambas

Sambas Member

1490187C-C516-4442-BFCB-17FBEF502371.jpeg 73E6BD3C-3CE6-47BA-BF3C-BC5598F0BAE3.jpeg

• Informative x 4
  10. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

9.0 is likely more than 2 months away. So I expect there will be plenty more 8.1 releases before then.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  11. croman

croman Active Member

You are likely correct but Tesla might push this out sooner to try to end Q3 with momentum and profit.

12. pkodali

pkodali Member

WHy do you say that? In the quarter all just a few days ago they stated roll out would begin end of august with wide rollout in september

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  13. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Because Tesla is ALWAYS late with these things, sometimes by several months plus...

Jeff

• Like x 3
  14. pkodali

pkodali Member

They are always late with stuff, but from what i remember when its short term stuff they are somewhat on the dot (i.e. with autowipers, when elon said they were coming soon in December i believe)

• Like x 2
  15. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

To be fair they have been pretty accurate when it comes to one month time frames. Just anything estimated further ahead is basically an eternity

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  16. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

No, they said it would go to the EAP, Early Access Participants, group at the end of August, and then they hoped to go public with it in September. (They never said wide.)

And if it is 4 weeks until it goes to beta testers it is possible they will run into issues and miss September all-together. (Since almost any delay in their stated schedule would cause them to miss September.)

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. pkodali

pkodali Member

I must have misheard it. Thank you for the info

18. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Which is exactly why Elon further clarified that it would NOT be in a month to the general masses.

19. ChrML

ChrML Member

They most likely started merging the new AP and v9.0 from the dev branch to the public branch around week 26-29.

Makes no sense to roll out newer versions now until v9.0 is out. When they do, it's most likely minor changes based of the old 8.1 versions made for unit testing parts of the new code and providing feedback to the mothership without depending on the new code. Introducing new code and testing it gradually in the background for partial roll-outs is a way of reducing risk.

• Helpful x 1
  20. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

If they're using agile practices, and everything points to this, the code has always been merged in master branch/stream and toggled off. What you're seeing (2018.28) is a release with minimum changes as most of the changes/work is happening to the parts of the code which we have in most of our cars (depending on current firmware) but it's completely dormant until DevOps flips the "on" toggle. Just a guess based on following their release notes/what's new and release schedule.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1