Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.1 7d0461c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 P85 was updated to this version at the service center on Tuesday. Unfortunately, since the update my instrument cluster goes dark and reboots multiple times per day. It's very annoying. This only started happening after the update. Is anyone else seeing this?

There was nothing regarding speed limit mode in my release notes. Perhaps it does not apply to 2013 models.
Speed limit mode is not applicable to our non-AP cars. I heard elsewhere that it was a feature tied to “chill mode.”

I’m glad you mentioned the center cluster going dark. Like it had gone into a deeper sleep state. The only annoyance is that it takes longer to come out of it when you touch the brake until it is ready to go. It wasn’t until I read that, that I realized that mine has been doing this more often as well recently, although I’m still on 26.2.

Reactions: AmpedRealtor
Speed limit mode is not applicable to our non-AP cars. I heard elsewhere that it was a feature tied to “chill mode.”

I’m glad you mentioned the center cluster going dark. Like it had gone into a deeper sleep state. The only annoyance is that it takes longer to come out of it when you touch the brake until it is ready to go. It wasn’t until I read that, that I realized that mine has been doing this more often as well recently, although I’m still on 26.2.
Mine reboots several times while driving, going dark and then coming back to life. Seems random.

I am still waiting for 26.3
Every morning I check and nothing...
I know, get a life....

So with these updates, can one be skipped? Can more than one be downloaded and updated at one time? Or do they have to go in order?

I am still waiting for 26.3
Every morning I check and nothing...
I know, get a life....

So with these updates, can one be skipped? Can more than one be downloaded and updated at one time? Or do they have to go in order?

Last “sync release” was 2018.26

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

They generally skip all over the place and catch everything up occasionally.

Once all (most) are synced, they start pushing new releases. If they find a problem that needs to be addressed, that goes out to everyone that updated. Once they get a good sync point and gets pushed to everyone.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Informative
Reactions: dark cloud
I don’t know about everyone else but the vector MCU maps seem to be higher frame rate with this release. The “arrow” glides along the map instead of jumping as it did into .26.
That's nice to hear, I'm on .26 and find the low refresh rate of the arrow a bit comical. I think that behavior started around .18 or something.

Don't sweat the small releases. Most are buggy and don't actually improve anything and might ruin features you like. Major ones with features are not to be missed and won't be missed even without WiFi.

I don't think that matches what Tesla has stated about the Premium Connectivity option. Non-security/safety updates will only be delivered over WiFi for people that don't have an active Premium Connectivity package. (Which of course everyone has for at least a year at this point.)

They don't share the same view as me, and they are not imposing anything on me. They are not the ones who are canceling Teslas and dumping Tesla shares because the majority of Tesla share holders are Christians and from countries who see them as terrorists.

Last “sync release” was 2018.26

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

They generally skip all over the place and catch everything up occasionally.

Once all (most) are synced, they start pushing new releases. If they find a problem that needs to be addressed, that goes out to everyone that updated. Once they get a good sync point and gets pushed to everyone.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Thanks for the link. So this TeslaFi shows a "fleet" of 2301 vehicles, which is approximately 0.8 % of the total Tesla's sold worldwide. Not sure of the accuracy of the representation of the software version per vehicle, but at least we can see the listing of the update versions.

If it is an accurate percentage representation of software version I am with almost half of Tesla owners who have .26 3 (no dot before the 3) as their latest update. I know not a big deal as they are minor bug updates but just curious....

I don't think that matches what Tesla has stated about the Premium Connectivity option. Non-security/safety updates will only be delivered over WiFi for people that don't have an active Premium Connectivity package. (Which of course everyone has for at least a year at this point.)

No one knows what Tesla will do yet. They've said incomplete statements and who can say what is safety/security? All AP is safety, right? Security includes mundane things like MCU browser updates.

Thanks for the link. So this TeslaFi shows a "fleet" of 2301 vehicles, which is approximately 0.8 % of the total Tesla's sold worldwide. Not sure of the accuracy of the representation of the software version per vehicle, but at least we can see the listing of the update versions.

If it is an accurate percentage representation of software version I am with almost half of Tesla owners who have .26 3 (no dot before the 3) as their latest update. I know not a big deal as they are minor bug updates but just curious....

I’m assuming it’s a representative sample. Although self selected users may be more geeky... users have no control so it’s likely good.

Yes, at some point there will be a future version that hits ~50% and then it generally starts moving quicker.