TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ranma64, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ranma64

ranma64 Member

As per Teslafi a 3 and a S90D got it tonight.

2. Edrlee

Edrlee New Member

Must have been my M3. I just got my M3 two days ago so these updates are new to me. I didn't see any release notes anywhere.

3. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

@Edrlee, can you confirm by checking your app or on your Tesla screen itself? Maybe you could take a photo of the release notes?

It's clear to me that they're clearly working on their next great v9 release in the background seeing that we're still getting 2018.28.x releases where I would have expected a 2018.32 release this week.

That means that internally they are way ahead and not releasing the new versions to the public. They are taking the latest 2018.28 code and releasing bugfixes there, which then get released as a new 2018.28.x version.

Can't wait for the next big release!

• Like x 1
  4. Huskyf

Huskyf Member

Wait...
    Only 15 days left before receiving the new version 9 but only for a small deployment. Deployment for all is planned for September

• Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Just installed mine.

Pushed by service. Wife has car at work so no release note pics sorry.

6. kwest2

kwest2 Member

#6 kwest2, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Got this am on my model 3 after getting 28.1 a few days ago. But wont see any release notes until I get home tonight.

7. ksumnole

ksumnole Member

image.jpg
    Minor improvements and bug fixes.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  8. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Sigh, I wish Tesla would provide more detailed release notes.

• Like x 4
  9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Can't let test subjects know too much, or else it'll ruin the results with placebo and nocebo effects.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
  10. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Exactly, if we cannot figure out the differences what is the point of the update.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

#11 dark cloud, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Can someone post that Teslafi update list so I know how many of the last few updates I still don't have? :oops:

EDIT: never mind, I didn't know I could see that without subscribing somehow

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

12. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

My comedy relief of the day!!!!!

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  13. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

The only thing I care about - is there any improvement on the AP nag situation?

I haven't updated in 3 months fearing the nag. I am still at 2018.18.13

• Like x 3
  14. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

I am not expecting any update to that nag. Maybe all FSD would do is to remove the nag...

• Funny x 1
  15. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Some people who got .28.3 on the Model 3 were claiming AP sees more cars and/or starts braking earlier. Anyone noticed a change like that with this build on the S/X?

Seems like that would be a reason why the .28 rollouts have been on the timid side, though I'm really surprised they'd mess at all with Autopilot ahead of version 9. (This could be a follow-on they've had in the works for 8.1 before 9.0, though)

16. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

I'm still on .26 and have seen 8 vehicles rendered on my screen in heavy traffic - 3 to the left, 3 to the right, and 2 in front. There's literally no space for more, so I think the reports of this being new with .28 are not substantiated, at least with the S/X.

• Like x 1
  17. BrainCandy

BrainCandy Member

In one of the most recent updates (either 24.1 or 26), I did notice that the car seems to start slowing down much earlier and more smoothly when approaching a stopped car at an intersection. It used to wait much longer, then slam on the brakes in a bit of a panic and I would usually have to manually brake.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  18. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

Do we really expect the nag situation to ever be improved? At least for EAP features? I am not very hopeful to expect that nag times will ever be reduced at this point and the only potential change would be associated with FSD features.

Just speculation on my end.

19. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I suspect it's placebo or large version jumps too.

We're on .26 and .28.2 and they behave about the same. Sure there's a ton of cars rendered in heavy traffic, but other times in slower traffic or at standstill it's not rendering readily apparent cars. And other times the renderings are somewhat frightening in how much it incorrectly assigns cars to lanes. So I think there's still definite room for improvement for car rendering.

But with that said, I really don't believe that they'd make substantial autopilot or neural net changes before releasing 9.0. Surely all the focus has to have moved there.

• Like x 1
  20. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

They are following the example of their leader. As much detail as he put in his tweets :)