Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He told me that he pushed it even though it was only slightly out of date.
He said that is now standard practice before arriving for mobile appointment. Cool! :cool:

What a great idea. In June, I was in for my first-year annual maintenance visit. They offered to "uncork" my 75D. I agreed, and it amounted to an additional 90 minute wait at the SC -- 45 minutes for the uncorking and another 45 minutes for them to push the latest firmware after that. Pushing these firmware updates before arrival can greatly expedite the time in the service bay. Like you said, "Cool!"

Earlier in the week, cellular connection stopped working, multiple reboots and power off cycles did not resolve. Spoke to customer service and was told to make a SC appointment. Got this FW over WiFi last night and LTE is now working. Would be good to know if this was actually a fix in the FW or just a side effect of the update.

Installed 2018.28.5 today and immediately after had yellow-ish bars running around my 17" display. Predominantly on the top and right sides, but pretty much all the way around the outside. Same in Day or Night mode and at any brightness level. A re-boot did nothing to correct it. I could also swear the display color, especially on the center dash looks "warmer" kind of like how Night Mode on a phone or PC cuts back the amount of blue light. If this discoloration is not related to firmware, it is one hell of a coincidence.

View attachment 326544

I just noticed the same exact thing this morning on mine with the yellow line. I got the update this afternoon and the line is still there... I'm at least glad I saw the line before the update otherwise I would have thought the update caused it

They usually just replace the screen and not the full mcu but it depends on SC.
Yes, I've seen both solutions to this problem posted in the past. A former Tesla service center employee recently mentioned that part of the reasons for this had to do with the age of the MCU's - some were easier do screen replacements while others not so much. This would have all been relative to MCU1 replacements.

Just updated to 2018.28.5 377ec88 today on my 2012 Sig. On cars of this vintage you can't tell whether anything is being updated except the version number on the screen.
I got the update on my Dec 2017 build about a week ago and nothing seems to have changed. In fact after installation, the screen that appears with the title "What's new in this update" was completely blank. :)

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier