Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn’t that bad before 8.0, was it? :D

I recall they pushed out a security fix or something to everyone like two weeks before 8.0 rolled out slowly.

But 9.0 isn't supposed to even go out to the EAP group, i.e. beta team, until the end of this month, then I figure at least of month of testing/revisions. So I suspect 9.0 will start hitting a very limited group of normal customers sometime in October.

So if you want 2018.28.5 to be the last release before 9.0 you are going to be without anything for a while.

still acting up after doing a 3 finger salute ? I always reboot after an install; maybe it's not needed ?? but .. just because .....
It doesn’t hurt. And I know it’s fixed several issues I’ve had.

In any case, anyone having mothership issues? I just got the dreaded TeslaFi ‘car has been offline for 30 minutes’ and walked out there and she says ‘I’m fine, how are you?’ Hm...

In the past I’ve spent a lot of time troubleshooting this and it was the usual weekend Tesla Mothership issues I found out later. Now, I come here first. :D

Anyone?

Edit: and it’s back around 8 PM ET.

Last edited:
Same here. Annoying. At least one time I heard a repeating tone (reminded me of TPMS audible warning just after I blew out a tire) and then the IC went blank. Not as often as I've heard from others, but twice in a 20 mile drive early this afternoon.

This is in my non-AP, 2013 P85.

Pretty sure I was on 2018.26 previously. Maybe 2018.24.

Not sure if there is a way to look up history...
Love the Firmware Update Tracker.
Just sign up (No fees!)
I manually enter each update contributing to the group database.
https://ev-fw.com/reports.php?ver=8.1

A great side benefit is it retains my history.
5B87D807-BB5B-4A24-9ACC-A0DCE1369B4C.jpeg