Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Edrlee, can you confirm by checking your app or on your Tesla screen itself? Maybe you could take a photo of the release notes?

It's clear to me that they're clearly working on their next great v9 release in the background seeing that we're still getting 2018.28.x releases where I would have expected a 2018.32 release this week.

That means that internally they are way ahead and not releasing the new versions to the public. They are taking the latest 2018.28 code and releasing bugfixes there, which then get released as a new 2018.28.x version.

Can't wait for the next big release!

Reactions: MelaniainLA
image.jpg

Minor improvements and bug fixes.

Some people who got .28.3 on the Model 3 were claiming AP sees more cars and/or starts braking earlier. Anyone noticed a change like that with this build on the S/X?

Seems like that would be a reason why the .28 rollouts have been on the timid side, though I'm really surprised they'd mess at all with Autopilot ahead of version 9. (This could be a follow-on they've had in the works for 8.1 before 9.0, though)

Some people who got .28.3 on the Model 3 were claiming AP sees more cars and/or starts braking earlier.

I'm still on .26 and have seen 8 vehicles rendered on my screen in heavy traffic - 3 to the left, 3 to the right, and 2 in front. There's literally no space for more, so I think the reports of this being new with .28 are not substantiated, at least with the S/X.

Reactions: scottf200
Some people who got .28.3 on the Model 3 were claiming AP sees more cars and/or starts braking earlier. Anyone noticed a change like that with this build on the S/X?
In one of the most recent updates (either 24.1 or 26), I did notice that the car seems to start slowing down much earlier and more smoothly when approaching a stopped car at an intersection. It used to wait much longer, then slam on the brakes in a bit of a panic and I would usually have to manually brake.

The only thing I care about - is there any improvement on the AP nag situation?

I haven't updated in 3 months fearing the nag. I am still at 2018.18.13

Do we really expect the nag situation to ever be improved? At least for EAP features? I am not very hopeful to expect that nag times will ever be reduced at this point and the only potential change would be associated with FSD features.

Just speculation on my end.

I'm still on .26 and have seen 8 vehicles rendered on my screen in heavy traffic - 3 to the left, 3 to the right, and 2 in front. There's literally no space for more, so I think the reports of this being new with .28 are not substantiated, at least with the S/X.
I suspect it's placebo or large version jumps too.

We're on .26 and .28.2 and they behave about the same. Sure there's a ton of cars rendered in heavy traffic, but other times in slower traffic or at standstill it's not rendering readily apparent cars. And other times the renderings are somewhat frightening in how much it incorrectly assigns cars to lanes. So I think there's still definite room for improvement for car rendering.

But with that said, I really don't believe that they'd make substantial autopilot or neural net changes before releasing 9.0. Surely all the focus has to have moved there.

Reactions: croman