Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.5 377ec8b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Hmm ... are the source of these from a knowledgeable Tesla tech (don't mean to side track, I will search around) ... you have to wonder if there is any difference between just doing each CD and IC reset separately or all four. Perhaps one of the 'triggers' is have/keeping foot on the brake. I actually had a problem with not being able to open my drivers door from the inside and the on-line tech had me do the 2-finger IC reset but put/keep my foot on the brake. Aside: This posters timing test indicate not diff in brake vs non-brake and concluded there's no difference. "Hard" reboot... nonsense, right?
I've gotten those instructions from a Tesla tech over the phone while trying to fix a GPS issue.

I had my first long drive since when 28.5 installed on my car, and I have to report a very annoying bug: auto lane change to the right basically doesn't work any more: it fail 9 times out of 10.
I was driving here headed north. Its a 3 lanes highway, with dotted lane dividers. Very small traffic, perfectly straight, optimal illumination by the sun from the left side, no shadows. Speed limit is 130km/h, I was travelling in the mid lane, TACC/AS active at 100Km/h, IC showing 2 blu lines and 2 gray lines (one on the right, one on the left). Hands on the wheel I activated the right turn light. On the IC the rightmost blu line starts flashing, car initiate drifting to the right, when the 2 right wheels cross the dotted lane divider it suddenly jerks back to the central lane. No beeps, no warning, only thing is that the rightmost grey line on IC is no more present.
Taken by surprise, I decide to do a few testing, using auto lane change from right lane to mid lane (left movement) and from mid to right (right movement): result is that left lane change works perfectly and smoothly, right lane change failed 9 out of 10 trials.

Later on I was far north, in Switzerland, on a 2 lanes highway; I repeated the same test and again left change was perfect, right change was impossible.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Any suggestion?

I've gotten those instructions from a Tesla tech over the phone while trying to fix a GPS issue.

What’s your GPS issue? I have one ever since updating to 2018.16 where it thinks my car is about 30-40’ to the right so it constantly thinks I’m taking an exit when I’m still on the freeway. Then it starts to reroute me and then reroutes again when it sees I actually am still on the freeway.

What’s your GPS issue? I have one ever since updating to 2018.16 where it thinks my car is about 30-40’ to the right so it constantly thinks I’m taking an exit when I’m still on the freeway. Then it starts to reroute me and then reroutes again when it sees I actually am still on the freeway.
The GPS information wouldn't update the position at all. This happened multiple times.

Today I called Tesla. I talked with folks in Utah and at my local SC. They revealed that yes, the fix for the IC reboot will probably be in the next release, but it is not yet available - indicating that it is NOT in 2018.32.5. As far as my windshield wipers, a mobile unit will be dispatched to investigate. I just hope it doesn't rain here beforehand.

• Helpful
Reactions: camthehombre
Yes, I have the same problem except that a reboot let me use the buttons on the screen until such time as I pressed any of the LH buttons on the steering wheel; as soon as I did that, the screen buttons died. My SC has been working on the problem; the engineer says he thinks the buttons need replacing but I think the coincidence with the new firmware indicates strongly that it's not a hardware problem. I will update as and when.

That's exactly what I've found out yesterday when trying to play with that a bit more. I'd also bet it's not hardware issue.

Pre-autopilot updated to 2018.34 this morning and that fixed my IC crashes. Also someone mentioned an update breaking their wipers, so wanted to let others know that wipers are working just fine for me here.
Same here. Installed 2018.34 (the "PIN" update) this AM. Drive into work (approx 45m running navigation) and no screen crashing... more testing needed but so far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_232755735.jpg
    IMG_20180904_232755735.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 58
No IC restart so far with 2018.34, but still no wipers. My issue with wipers may be more related to the installation process and not the release itself. I will be scheduled for a visit by a mobile unit soon.

I did see the same release notes that I saw with 2018.32.4 - PIN to drive feature.

I got the notice to update my software this AM. I did that. A couple hours later i went to the car and it showed what I needed to do to activate the PIN code mode. Unfortunately the screen also said I need to update the software. The IC said I needed to contact Tesla Service. The Main Screen said the Navigation did not update. What the XXXX?? Then I called the service center and they told me to reboot. I did that. No fix. I then was asked to power down the car. No Fix. Then they said I'll need to bring the car into Tesla Service. They tried to make an appointment....but they said they were having technical issues and told me to call back in 2-3 hours. <Heavy Sigh>