TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update 2018.28.5

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by omar, Aug 14, 2018.

1. omar

omar Member

71D717F4-7D69-4AC1-B2B7-B5FAF9F79FA1.jpeg 900299DD-C87B-4619-AEFB-E5E1F447FC9D.jpeg

Got another update today. Went from 28.3 to 2018.28.5.

All I saw was “minor improvements and bug fixes”. Maybe to address the crazy vampire drain I had with 28.3?

Anyone else have this update? Any theories on what the big fixes could be?

2. pancakes213

pancakes213 Member

Are AutoPilot trials still being offered in these updates after 28.1?

3. omar

omar Member

not sure. I purchased auto pilot at delivery. good theory though

4. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Didn’t relealize they released so often! I got mine on sat with 28.2, then Sun morning went to 28.3. Now already I’m reading 28.5. Is this the norm?

5. omar

omar Member

Maybe a lot of bugs with each release.

6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I just received my update today now waiting on the autopilot update.

7. jtshaw

jtshaw New Member

I hope they fixed a lot of bugs. My car has generally been fine up until getting 28.2, which seems to have a number of annoying bugs.

Things we've noticed so far:

1) My wife's Pixel won't open the car anymore. Other bluetooth connectivity works fine with it and my iPhone X still works fine.
    2) I frequently have to reset the car when I get in because the display is black.
    3) My TuneIn favorites disappear and I had to re-add them.
    4) The audio system locked up during a drive the other day. Music was still playing but I couldn't change stations either by tapping on them or by using voice. The left thumbstick didn't do anything either. A reset when I was pulled over fixed this.

• Helpful x 1
  8. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

Got the update during service today. They also connected directly to the battery for a firmware update that can't be done over the air. I counted at least 6 cars displayed ahead of me on the screen which is more than I remember seeing before or maybe it was denser traffic than I usually drive in.

• Like x 1
  9. NJturtlePower

NJturtlePower Member

So just to update my experiences so far on 28.5 1-day post install... and after a double reset just to try to clear things:
    • iPhone 8 as a key still had a miss for me yesterday...waking the screen solved it.
    • Still getting "Open App" messages via iOS widget and "Offline" messages on TeslaFi.
    • Car still not sleeping routinely during the day as it did on 24.7 :(
    • Car slept and charged fine last night while plugged in, no cycling issues.
    • Auto-wipers seem to be improved.

• Like x 2
  10. omar

omar Member

Maybe it's in my head but I did notice autopilot a bit smoother when breaking at low speeds in bumper to bumper traffic. The car doesn't abruptly stop.

Nothing else really to report

11. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

I've been having a lot of Bluetooth and LTE connectivity issues (slow map and traffic loading, etc.) with 28.3. I hope 28.5 has addressed this.

• Like x 1
  12. XwingTom

XwingTom Member

Got 2018.28.5 on my MX and had black screens on start up. I pushed the gas and door closed as usual. Seemed like the car was on but both screens were just black. Tried two finger salute and it didn’t help. Finally after opening and closing the door a few times, the screen started booting up. I was signed out of Slacker for some reason. Also I didn’t get an explanation screen for the update. My guess is that this version may also have issues too...

13. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

The Model 3 is still new that most updates are important and are being pushed to everyone.
    With my Model S I’ll often see half a dozen updates come and go without getting one.
    I suppose they are trying not to bother people with the minor stuff.

14. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I’m still stuck on 26.1

15. alfadur

alfadur Member

This alone would be worth the update for me. The auto wipers are so promising but aren't sensitive enough and don't turn on soon enough for me.

16. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

Call the service center and see if they will push you the new update.