Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.28.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
71D717F4-7D69-4AC1-B2B7-B5FAF9F79FA1.jpeg
900299DD-C87B-4619-AEFB-E5E1F447FC9D.jpeg

Got another update today. Went from 28.3 to 2018.28.5.

All I saw was “minor improvements and bug fixes”. Maybe to address the crazy vampire drain I had with 28.3?

Anyone else have this update? Any theories on what the big fixes could be?

I hope they fixed a lot of bugs. My car has generally been fine up until getting 28.2, which seems to have a number of annoying bugs.

Things we've noticed so far:

1) My wife's Pixel won't open the car anymore. Other bluetooth connectivity works fine with it and my iPhone X still works fine.
2) I frequently have to reset the car when I get in because the display is black.
3) My TuneIn favorites disappear and I had to re-add them.
4) The audio system locked up during a drive the other day. Music was still playing but I couldn't change stations either by tapping on them or by using voice. The left thumbstick didn't do anything either. A reset when I was pulled over fixed this.

• Helpful
Reactions: omar
Got the update during service today. They also connected directly to the battery for a firmware update that can't be done over the air. I counted at least 6 cars displayed ahead of me on the screen which is more than I remember seeing before or maybe it was denser traffic than I usually drive in.

Reactions: omar
So just to update my experiences so far on 28.5 1-day post install... and after a double reset just to try to clear things:
  • iPhone 8 as a key still had a miss for me yesterday...waking the screen solved it.
  • Still getting "Open App" messages via iOS widget and "Offline" messages on TeslaFi.
  • Car still not sleeping routinely during the day as it did on 24.7 :(
  • Car slept and charged fine last night while plugged in, no cycling issues.
  • Auto-wipers seem to be improved.

Reactions: alfadur and omar
Got 2018.28.5 on my MX and had black screens on start up. I pushed the gas and door closed as usual. Seemed like the car was on but both screens were just black. Tried two finger salute and it didn’t help. Finally after opening and closing the door a few times, the screen started booting up. I was signed out of Slacker for some reason. Also I didn’t get an explanation screen for the update. My guess is that this version may also have issues too...

Didn’t relealize they released so often! I got mine on sat with 28.2, then Sun morning went to 28.3. Now already I’m reading 28.5. Is this the norm?
The Model 3 is still new that most updates are important and are being pushed to everyone.
With my Model S I’ll often see half a dozen updates come and go without getting one.
I suppose they are trying not to bother people with the minor stuff.