TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.32.4

Discussion in 'Model S' started by drklain, Aug 31, 2018.

1. drklain

drklain Member

Just got and installed the update (was previously on 2018.26.3...yes car has not been used in a while). Release notes say this update provides the "PIN to Drive" option under security settings. No other release notes (and it's one paragraph at the top of a large, mostly blank release notes page) and (unlike before) you can't scroll down to see previous release notes.

2. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Yep, PIN to drive is active, wish it were more than 4 digits though I don’t know how many attempts you get before some kind of lockout, if there is one.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. AltairIV

AltairIV Member

Does anyone know if PIN to Drive is disabled when the car is in Valet Mode?

4. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I'll check today

5. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Are there any AP2 specific release notes? I highly doubt it though. I can’t imagine any company in their right minds rolling out a major change during a national holiday weekend.

6. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

They promised Firmware 9 with new AP2+ EAP or FSD features by end of August. This was end of August. No update to V9. Wtf??

• Funny x 10
  7. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

You must be new to Tesla. The dates are never ever actually met, it could literally be months from now before V9 is released.

• Funny x 4
    • Helpful x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ In loving memory of Version 8

Don’t consider anything Elon says as a promise. Consider it as a wildly optimistic maybe. They really need to put a disclaimer on Elon’s Twitter account.

• Like x 5
  9. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Especially when it is not worded as what could be reasonably taken as a promise....or even a specific date.

Maybe there’s another I’ve not seen but what I have seen on this is a comment of “hopefully” & “in a few months”.

• Like x 2
  10. Zooomer

Zooomer Member

Elon usually gives 2 time frames for maybe and definitely by. You take the definitely one and double it. he's usually only a little bit late if you use that. We should expect ver 9 in 9 weeks from his statement of 4. We're in week 5. That's my napkin math.

• Like x 5
  11. jcadman22

jcadman22 Tesla Owners Club Mid Atlantic

Going a little off topic, but the instrument cluster in my early 2013 has restarted many times since this update installed. It's distracting/disconcerting to have the IC go dark and reboot while driving :eek:
    Anyone else?

12. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

#12 Gizmotoy, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Yes. I was told any classic on 2018.28.5 or newer has its instrument cluster rebooting every few minutes. They’ve known about the issue for nearly 3 weeks, have not stopped rolling it out to new vehicles, and have no timeline for a fix. 2018.32.2 was supposed to fix the issue but did not.

When I called the SC about it last week they said they were getting dozens of calls a day about it. When I explained the issue my car was having the guy just sighed.

To any classic owners reading: DO NOT install any firmware updates until this has been confirmed to be fixed.

• Informative x 1
  13. E-Ryc

E-Ryc Member

As you don't know which firmware would be installed before it gets installed, it's kind of difficult (i.e.I got 28.5 while 32.4 was already reported)

14. conman

conman Active Member

Yeah but *any* current one is bad.

15. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

Nice video. Very clear demonstration. Btw love the interior color setup and pattern.

• Like x 1
  16. CRASHER

CRASHER Member

When did he say in 2018?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. jcadman22

jcadman22 Tesla Owners Club Mid Atlantic

2018.34.b4c2b9a installed and IC reboots have stopped

• Like x 1
  18. Jan Fiala

Jan Fiala Member

Is the premium sound again flat or is it just me?

19. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ In loving memory of Version 8

I don’t know, but I rented a Model 3 for a day and I thought the standard system in my Model S sounded better. My theory is that the acoustics are better in my car with the Alcantara lined solid roof.

20. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Anyone else having problems with the backup camera freezing up? Mine has done it a couple of times even after a reboot. This is the first release I've experienced this kind of problem.