Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got and installed the update (was previously on 2018.26.3...yes car has not been used in a while). Release notes say this update provides the "PIN to Drive" option under security settings. No other release notes (and it's one paragraph at the top of a large, mostly blank release notes page) and (unlike before) you can't scroll down to see previous release notes.

Don’t consider anything Elon says as a promise. Consider it as a wildly optimistic maybe. They really need to put a disclaimer on Elon’s Twitter account.
Especially when it is not worded as what could be reasonably taken as a promise....or even a specific date.

Maybe there’s another I’ve not seen but what I have seen on this is a comment of “hopefully” & “in a few months”.

Going a little off topic, but the instrument cluster in my early 2013 has restarted many times since this update installed. It's distracting/disconcerting to have the IC go dark and reboot while driving :eek:
Anyone else?

Going a little off topic, but the instrument cluster in my early 2013 has restarted many times since this update installed. It's distracting/disconcerting to have the IC go dark and reboot while driving :eek:
Anyone else?
Yes. I was told any classic on 2018.28.5 or newer has its instrument cluster rebooting every few minutes. They’ve known about the issue for nearly 3 weeks, have not stopped rolling it out to new vehicles, and have no timeline for a fix. 2018.32.2 was supposed to fix the issue but did not.

When I called the SC about it last week they said they were getting dozens of calls a day about it. When I explained the issue my car was having the guy just sighed.

To any classic owners reading: DO NOT install any firmware updates until this has been confirmed to be fixed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jcadman22
Yes. I was told any classic on 2018.28.5 or newer has its instrument cluster rebooting every few minutes. They’ve known about the issue for nearly 3 weeks, have not stopped rolling it out to new vehicles, and have no timeline for a fix. 2018.32.2 was supposed to fix the issue but did not.

When I called the SC about it last week they said they were getting dozens of calls a day about it. When I explained the issue my car was having the guy just sighed.

To any classic owners reading: DO NOT install any firmware updates until this has been confirmed to be fixed.

2018.34.b4c2b9a installed and IC reboots have stopped

Reactions: DaddyP713