Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow MS owners, so I have a question about these Tesla updates. I have a 2015 MS 85 currently on version 2018-32.2 (3817FDD) and something I don't understand is how exactly these updates get pushes to us. Everyone is talking about receiving this new pin to drive update but I'm sitting over here like, "WDF is my car waiting for? I guess my question is, are the updates based on where you live like state by state or is it the newer vehicles first then eventually the older cars? Also what exactly would you define a classic owner to be, someone with a 2013 and older? Can someone please help a fellow owner out. TBW I do live in California not that this matters since I seem to get updates way after the fact.
It appears to be completely random. Very few releases go "wide" where they're pushed to the whole fleet while other releases are only ever pushed to a minority of cars for reasons we can only speculate. Perhaps they just want the feedback (not from the people, the cars) of a certain number of cars only, or they're pushed for specific submodels when there are issues with them. Either way, there is no transparency from Tesla as to how or why they choose which cars to send it to, and it's normal to get releases only about every 4-6 weeks, and not all the ones in-between. If you have a specific issue you can ask your SC to push a newer version, and they can't specify a version but just ask for the latest to be pushed, but otherwise they will refuse to do it. There was a promise made for a feature to "look for updates" but that is one of those promises that falls into the who-knows-when-if-ever category.

I installed this update yesterday.

Everything seems to be working OK, but AP2 seems to have regressed slightly in each of the last 2 updates.

I'm having more often / more dramatic phantom braking incidents, less recognition of braking cars in front of me when travelling at high speeds, and it is discontenting more often on curves, especially in HOV lanes where is still tries to hug the left shoulder / median....also still have issues with certain areas where the TACC / AP2 speed drops when passing an off-ramp, as well as not recovering the original set speed after dropping the speed for lower speed corners. Still a bit frustrating having the same issues in AP2 as ?I had 6-8 months ago - very little progress with AP2, IMO...

• Informative
Reactions: glewis83186
I installed this update yesterday.

Everything seems to be working OK, but AP2 seems to have regressed slightly in each of the last 2 updates.

I'm having more often / more dramatic phantom braking incidents, less recognition of braking cars in front of me when travelling at high speeds, and it is discontenting more often on curves, especially in HOV lanes where is still tries to hug the left shoulder / median....also still have issues with certain areas where the TACC / AP2 speed drops when passing an off-ramp, as well as not recovering the original set speed after dropping the speed for lower speed corners. Still a bit frustrating having the same issues in AP2 as ?I had 6-8 months ago - very little progress with AP2, IMO...

I don't have any helpful knowledge to offer on what you wrote but to offer some thoughts of mine. It is a bit frustrating that it feels like the push to improve the Model S has been put to the side due to the production of the Model 3....When I was buying my CPO 2015 MS I was a bit skeptical of whether my vehicle would even get any updates since Tesla had already come out with the AP2 system.....I was worried that eventually all MS's with the AP1 system would be left in the dust while the AP2 system and newer would reap the benefits of all the newer technology the company would come out with and push. So far I'm happy to see that us older MS owners are still getting something through these updates, if you look above these comments you'll see one of my concerns about NOT getting the newest update and trying to understand how it works. Overall I love my vehicle, wish I didn't have to drive 3 1/2 hours to a service center and wish there were more superchargers close to me but hope Tesla continues to improve and get better in time because no other company out there is paving the way to a better future but Tesla. I believe if Tesla could get the infrastructure in place like sensors on the traffic lights, street signs and buildings to help keep there vehicles aware of there environment then all Tesla vehicles would be unstopped in the world of autonomy.

Reactions: cruiserlarry