Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an update today, version 2018.36.2 ac4a215. Only thing on the release notes is the "PIN to Drive."

2A5666B6-26D8-4B9D-A9CF-0ADC61562277.jpeg

Do you know what else it includes?
This release also includes the ability to reduce AP nag through the use of any of the steering wheel controls - not just torquing the steering wheel anymore. Verified it this afternoon by using the media "back" button which is a no-op on slacker streaming to keep the nag happy.

Is it only me or did the number of supercharger stalls in use/free go away for other people as well with this update?

Yes, I noted that after my update to "2018.36.2 ac4a215" from "2018.34.1 3dd3072" several hours ago. I hope that BigMskiman is right about this being due to a temporary cessation in the broadcasting of this information.
Over the past two releases, I have also noted the disappearance of the colorful FM radio station and music icons from both displays. They have been replaced by gray icons with overlaid text.
These changes are pretty trivial, but this is the first update with which I appear to have lost functionality rather than gained it, and that (along with chat about a possible dumbing-down of the MCU's GUI) leave me with a mild sense of foreboding.

I am currently on 36.1, but noticed a 5 GB download today. No update notifications though. There was another 6 GB downloaded on Sept. 14th. One of these is probably the new maps download. Not sure about the other one.
Even a complete firmware upgrade is a max of 1.5GB (when it's not sent as a diff). Currently there is a lot of map churn going on, with lots more geofencing and speed data so you're probably seeing that. Alternatively it could be the same download and the first one failed the checksum so it re-downloaded (far less likely.)