Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Pixel 2 XL has never had issues as a key. I don't think it's failed to unlock once. Maybe I have magical Bluetooth... Summon connectivity is certainly spotty though. That successfully connects maybe 2 out of 3 attempts but if the current attempt is a fail, no amount of closing the app, reconnecting, etc will make it work.

I have had a few issues that I have noticed, but in some of them I noticed that my bluetooth was turned off and that rebooting my phone took care of a few other issues. But in general for me, it has been very reliable with my pixel 2.

I think my car tried to install this update twice. Both time failed. Now my car has the "Software update required" message. I can't engage EAP or TACC. Because of this, I scheduled service to get the update but it's not until 1.5 weeks. I'm hoping a third try at the update is pushed to my car before my service date.

Currently on 2018.34.2

Update failed and now they scheduled a service appointment (they'll pickup and drop off a loaner). I feel like they should just push the update again (like I know better than the techs), but my cabin heater doesn't seem to heat anyway, so they can fix that and the frunk gaps while they're at it. Meanwhile the car seems to drive fine except for the failed update notification.

My update to '36 failed too. So did my first update, to '34, but this time I have a red error notice "Software update required Contact Tesla Service". I can still put the car in D, and it charged normally overnight. The phone support tech didn't think it was urgent, and didn't say anything about pushing an update. Instead she said the car would check for an update in the next 24-48 hr, and I should keep it on wifi if possible.
I had this happen on 34.x a couple of weeks ago. Called the 800 number and they pushed the update again. Took a day or so to get it but that solved it. Good luck!

Went from 34.1 to 36.2. Regen feels less aggressive. I prefer it more aggressive. It does Coast more at speed I think as others have mentioned.
On every software update discussed on this site (since 2012), someone has mentioned they think regen is weaker than before.

The psychology of this is really interesting, as I've never seen anyone report the regen was stronger.

If it really were weaker over the 100+ updates since 2012...by now the car would be speeding up when we lift off the go pedal!

On every software update discussed on this site (since 2012), someone has mentioned they think regen is weaker than before.

The psychology of this is really interesting, as I've never seen anyone report the regen was stronger.

If it really were weaker over the 100+ updates since 2012...by now the car would be speeding up when we lift off the go pedal!

FWIW, i feel zero difference in regen. I've also never felt an acceleration nerf. And extra lane lines appeared way before the adjacent cars appeared.

After 5 years of experiencing phantom reductions in regen with each software upgrade, I have a theory. It seems like the upgrades in the fall are more likely to reduce regen. I suspect that regen is somewhat limited in cooler weather even if the regen limit dotted lines aren’t shown. So even slightly cooler weather (60’s-70’s) can trigger a slight regen reduction without it being shown on the dashboard. My 2¢.

Reactions: NewTMSMan
Upgraded from 32.2 to 36.2 and haven't had much chance to drive yet. Tried some lane changes that seemed pretty much the same as before and to be expected whenever I approach an exit it first tries to exit then veers back very abruptly.
Summon seems to be more consistent now. Tried both entering and leaving the garage and no errors where reported. Previously even though summon worked I would always receive some type of error message.
Noticed the app (android) wakes up quicker too. Looking forward to checking out the automatic wipers since many have indicated it continues to improve.
For me at least up to 32.2 it still is not aggressive enough and I frequently revert to manual.

In general if I look back to the original software version 2018.12 compared to 36.2 it's really amazing how many new features have been added along with the general over-all improvement. Well done Tesla.
The only item that is worse now then with .12 is FM. Some stations continue to work but others are so poor Tune-in is the only option that works. FM is just consistently bad but since I don't use it very option it's not much of a problem.
The only other feature that still doesn't work adequately are the automatic wipers but perhaps this upgrade has addressed the problems. No need to say much about EAP with V9 coming.

Hi I am new to this group and have my model 3 RWD for about 2 month. Everything works great with phone and Tesla app until the recent update 2018.36.2 ac4a215.

I scheduled the update in midnight 2 days ago. In the morning I couldn't wake up my model 3 but Bluetooth key function still works, so I can still get in the car. When car starts, my app connects and everything is fine (Install completed without issue). However when the car is parked, it seems to be put in "deep sleep" mode and cannot be awaken by app ever since. I noticed the LTE is not connected for the first 3-5 seconds after I start the car, and then it connects to LTE just fine and my app connects again. Same situation in my garage with WiFi connect. When the car is being charged, my app works. When car is just parked, app cannot wake it up.

I read a few old discussions with similar condition. I tried pushing the two control button to reboot the tablet. Still no luck after the tablet reboot. All other function is fine but I really need the app to turn on the fan since my work place is still 90+ F these days. Anybody has the same problem since the update or has any suggestions? Thanks!

Wow! You're right. After updating to 36.2 I don't see the stalls anymore either. I'm currently parked, so maybe it only shows now when you're on the road? Gotta be bug, cause that would be really terrible.
So here is why I think people think they don't show occupied stalls anymore. Before if the supercharging toggle was not set, Superchargers where not shown. Now they are but without the stalls. But you can still see the stalls if you toggle on the Supercharger button.

• Informative
Reactions: TEG