Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the backup camera act up two times since this update. Once it just stayed black for quite some time and eventually started working again. I’d say the issues with the backup camera are 98% fixed for me at this point.

It took four updates in order to get this update. Thursday afternoon the car got the first update that failed. The night the car got another update that failed. I decided to schedule an appointment online. Next available was 1 week away so I took it. Monday morning at 1:30am, the car received another update that also failed. I drove into work. At 2:30, I received another update notice. Bam! This one took.

I guess someone is analyzing the error logs and pushing subsequent updates? I never called Tesla. I just made and appointment that I cancelled after the successful update.

If you can still drive your car, I think you just wait for the next push. When my update failed, there was a message that said to wait for the next update.

Mine says that I need to contact Tesla Service. I got my car last thursday and was gone most of the weekend when the update showed up. I noticed now that the heater in the cabin isn't working. All I am getting is cold air. Luckily I have a service appointment tomorrow.

Good news is that I can drive the car just fine.

Mine says that I need to contact Tesla Service. I got my car last thursday and was gone most of the weekend when the update showed up. I noticed now that the heater in the cabin isn't working. All I am getting is cold air. Luckily I have a service appointment tomorrow.

Good news is that I can drive the car just fine.

Yeah, mine says that too. It's the yellow warning below car.
Says something like "Software update required. Contact Tesla Service". That message doesn't go away either. You can minimize it to the side but it's always there. The other message to wait for an update appears when you first get into the car after a failed update. Once you click OK, it's gone.

KKman..similar problems here. 6 hours after pressing install, go to drive the car and 12v battery died. (screen is dead, no LTE etc). After jumping the 12v was apparent it died during update as screen was full of errors saying sw was mismatching. 4 tow companies later it made it to the SC, next time ill just keep a 12v battery booster nearby during an update, so I can boost it to turn back on and finish.

I got 36.2 last night. Installed without a problem (about 20-25 mins to install). This morning, the auto steer seemed less ping-pongy, and in stop-and-go, TACC seemed smoother. However, it's still excruciatingly slow to start moving once traffic ahead has started, and it leaves way to big of a gap, even at a setting of 1, when it comes to a stop.

Reactions: McFlurri
TACC braking seems a little more aggressive to me. Auto lane change maybe a little quicker. It's not a dramatic difference though and may be my imagination. Also, I haven't been able to use my key fob for summon for about a week, but not sure if that started with 36.2 since I don't use summon that often. Still works with my phone app.

It seems that when cars cross in front of you at 90 degrees a couple hundred yards away it is MUCH smoother and gentler braking. Before if I saw a car cross 90 degrees I knew there was going to be hard braking.

My last 3 releases.
2018.36.2 ac4a215 09-20-2018 09:14
2018.32.4 040c866 09-06-2018 01:37
2018.28.5 377ec8b 08-22-2018 00:54

It seems that when cars cross in front of you at 90 degrees a couple hundred yards away it is MUCH smoother and gentler braking. Before if I saw a car cross 90 degrees I knew there was going to be hard braking.

That will be very welcomed! I got used to it as well but very annoying to those in the car not watching the road and then a hard break out of nowhere with 20+ car length of distance to the next car crossing the road. I also pissed off more than one car following me because of that.