Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Navigate on Autopilot intelligently suggests lane changes to keep you on your route in addition to making adjustments so you don’t get stuck behind slow cars or trucks."

"For each route where Navigate on Autopilot is available,..."

"Gray lines highlight lane changes for a more efficient driving route."

Awesome! Can't wait see how these actually work without nagging or geofencing!

Version 9.0 - Model S/X AP1

Version 9.0 introduces updates to the touchscreen and Tesla mobile app which are designed for an easier and more convenient driving experience. We have also made improvements to Climate, Navigation, Media, and Controls in addition to several safety enhancements.

Version 9.0 - Model S/X AP2&2.5

Version 9.0 introduces updates to the touchscreen and Tesla mobile app designed for an easier and more convenient experience. For those with Enhanced Autopilot, we are also introducing Navigate on Autopilot (Beta) — our newest Autopilot convenience feature, designed to get you to your destination more efficiently by guiding your car on and off the highway. We have also made improvements to Climate, Navigation, Media, and Controls in addition to several safety enhancements.

I may be mistaken but wasn't "on ramp to off ramp" one of the promised features that was to be on AP1 hardware cars? Seems this is still unfulfilled.

"Navigate on Autopilot intelligently suggests lane changes to keep you on your route in addition to making adjustments so you don’t get stuck behind slow cars or trucks."

"For each route where Navigate on Autopilot is available,..."

"Gray lines highlight lane changes for a more efficient driving route."

Awesome! Can't wait see how these actually work without nagging or geofencing!

LOL I think they are geofenced and there will be nagging always since it's not FSD. So don't keep your hopes up!

I may be mistaken but wasn't "on ramp to off ramp" one of the promised features that was to be on AP1 hardware cars? Seems this is still unfulfilled.

Agreed but I thought I read somewhere on the tesla website that ramp to ramp was going to be a feature of EAP on HW1.

EAP is only on HW2 and above. HW1 only gets AP.

While the EAP terminology indeed applies only to AP2+, Tesla did indeed promise navigation-based off-ramp for AP1. It was supposed to ship in the original "8.1" firmware in December, 2016, that never appeared as such. This promised AP1 feature is still missing. There were of course some other AP1 features Tesla mentioned earlier that didn't appear either.

Here's a Teslarati story from that time, but I recall literal mentions in Tesla's own material as well. Then this "8.1" pretty much vanhished and was replaced with a future update with another feature-set...

Tesla's newest Autopilot under v8.1 on deck for December roll out

So it sill only mke suggestions? Not actually change lanes on its own? That’s how I’m interpreting the description.

If you're interpreting correctly then they're doing a soft rollout. They need to run the system on a large population of cars, but won't actually turn on the final switch until they've had a lot of miles confirming that there's no major error that will kill people.