Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You 100% need WiFi for the maps update.

To add some more data, some entries from my car's logs:
Code:
"target_version":"NA-180906-1605","size":5506434476,"max_wifi_kbps":10000,"max_cell_kbps":0

Code:
nav_us start/resume download because conditions met: (BASE CONDITIONS) charging || ! sleepenabled || ( ! charging & (sleepenabled & sessiontime < 3600))

So, the latest maps download is ~5.5GB, and gets downloaded on WiFi only at a maximum of ~10mbps.

Code:
"target_version":"NA-180906-1605","size":5506434476,"max_wifi_kbps":10000,"max_cell_kbps":0

Code:
nav_us start/resume download because conditions met: (BASE CONDITIONS) charging || ! sleepenabled || ( ! charging & (sleepenabled & sessiontime < 3600))

So, the latest maps download is ~5.5GB, and gets downloaded on WiFi only at a maximum of ~10mbps.
Does the car also need to be charging and asleep?

Reactions: DDotJ
Code:

Code:

What is sleepenabled? Is that controlled by enabling energy saving mode?

Reactions: DDotJ
Code:
So I'm going to set my car to charge at only 1A overnight to make sure it never goes to sleep... give it every chance possible of downloading since it goes to sleep between 10pm and 5am even with always on enabled.

My 2018 S has downloaded 55GB in the past day or so, since I connected it to wifi, it has never been connected before.

That seems oddly large to me. (Mac 90:3a:e6:xx:xx:xx is early 2017 75s, right?)

Yes, that's the "parrot" WiFi module Tesla uses. 55GB is a lot. That tells me something is wrong/it is likely trying/retrying a download (or upload?) or something multiple times.

I would suggest rebooting your CID and seeing if that clears it up.

So I'm going to set my car to charge at only 1A overnight to make sure it never goes to sleep... give it every chance possible of downloading.

My car is almost never plugged in when it is on wifi (and actually.. it is never really on wifi; I connect it to a hotspot when there are maps/other updates I need). These maps updates actually downloaded while driving (and on wifi), as well as at home parked (not plugged in), but on wifi. Took a LONG time, but did finish. But yes, plugging in + wifi is definitely the best way to make sure you get the updates!

• Informative
Reactions: Faustic
Seems that plugging in alone isn't enough, it has to actually be charging.

I wouldn't take those variable names too literally... I can run some tests if you guys really want to know what qualifies ;)

Also, RE sleep, when a map update is being downloaded, the car should disable sleep until it completes, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything there... so... again my recommendation is WiFi + plugged in!

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
Folks - So has the software started rolling in for all cars and not just the ones in the early adopters program?

I'm sure someone will post here as soon as .40 is detected...

Screenshot_20180930-185731.png

Reactions: wesley888