Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone noticed that the map no longer renders green traffic? I missed it because green used to tell me traffic is clear vs no data. Now I had to assume that.

Also, my 360 view on the IC shows cars to the side but not directly behind. Is that normal? Given how far forward the car is drawn, I would expect a car directly following me to show up.

It will show cars directly behind you, but they have to be pretty close. Usually only happens when coming to a stop.

Did anyone noticed that the map no longer renders green traffic? I missed it because green used to tell me traffic is clear vs no data. Now I had to assume that.

Also, my 360 view on the IC shows cars to the side but not directly behind. Is that normal? Given how far forward the car is drawn, I would expect a car directly following me to show up.
Mine is also not showing any cars behind (AP2.0).

Mine will show ones directly behind me but they have to be pretty close for them to show up.

My MX shows car directly behind, mostly at stop signs but my MS isn’t. I called Tesla and they said my MX shows the back up camera 100% calibrated while my MS rear camera 95% calibtated. I find it interesting that the MS is not at 100% already as I put more miles on it... they said to give it a few days and if still no dice to call back so they can replace the rear camera.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Ummm... there's still no speed dependent volume control with V9?

They have it. It's an advanced level human-interactive feature that takes sensed perceived volume through the human auditory sensors, then goes through the human-based neural network, and finally that controls the human output device through what's called the left thumb. Then, from there, that works in conjunction with the Tesla human-input device (scroll wheel, as they call it), strategically placed near where the left thumb would be, and thus controls the volume to a desirable level. Very high tech stuff.

My MX shows car directly behind, mostly at stop signs but my MS isn’t. I called Tesla and they said my MX shows the back up camera 100% calibrated while my MS rear camera 95% calibtated. I find it interesting that the MS is not at 100% already as I put more miles on it... they said to give it a few days and if still no dice to call back so they can replace the rear camera.
Just curious how many miles do you have on V9 on the model S? Wondering the length of time as a data point it might take to calibrate a camera.
I assumed it did it quite quickly....like 30-40 miles but maybe not.

They have it. It's an advanced level human-interactive feature that takes sensed perceived volume through the human auditory sensors, then goes through the human-based neural network, and finally that controls the human output device through what's called the left thumb. Then, from there, that works in conjunction with the Tesla human-input device (scroll wheel, as they call it), strategically placed near where the left thumb would be, and thus controls the volume to a desirable level. Very high tech stuff.

It is even more advanced than that. I have certainly witnessed the volume decreasing without ANY input or thought from me. Funny thing is it only seems to happen when my wife is in the passenger seat. o_O