Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this comes off as complaining/whining/ranting... but dang, this is a huge bummer for AP1 peeps... I literally bought my first used 2015 SP85D two weeks ago after saving enough to purchase a used Model S (didn't want a Model 3, the S is something I really think they did a fantastic job on)... Wasn't expecting Tesla to provide full autonomy for AP1 long term, but also wasn't expecting AP1 to have development stopped in v9 altogether. Looks like AP1 vehicles have peaked with 8.1, which is really disheartening... I love my vehicle, but couldn't have the feeling of "being stuck" anymore running through my mind.

For example, while I get the quality of the camera might be less than AP2.5 vehicles, but it's really disheartening that they didn't use the front or rear camera to at least provide something for previous owners to try out. I've seen many owners replace the rear camera with the newer 2016 model to bring the quality on-par with newer models. In this case, this is something that could have easily been improved/taken advantage of for AP1 vehicles at little to no cost (if you had already replaced it).

As someone mentioned, I'm also really waiting for SMS support (something I've had on Ford Sync (which is literally the most hodge podge system known to man for car software)). I have heard other's say, "Oh, texting isn't safe, it's too districting", but neither is a putting a full fledged web browser or the fact to have to read my cell phone vs use simply voice commands to read/respond.

To top off things; the Tesla store didn't ship my whole order and won't respond to my emails asking when the other half of the order will ship and the driver door handle failed (luckily I read the forums to expect that, just didn't think it'd happen a week after owning the car). Sorry to vent, but I feel the investment I made in Tesla couldn't have been made at a worse time if I tried :(
Welcome to technology...it all sunsets.

You have what you purchased. Still a great car.

Sorry if this comes off as complaining/whining/ranting... but dang, this is a huge bummer for AP1 peeps... I literally bought my first used 2015 SP85D two weeks ago after saving enough to purchase a used Model S (didn't want a Model 3, the S is something I really think they did a fantastic job on)... Wasn't expecting Tesla to provide full autonomy for AP1 long term, but also wasn't expecting AP1 to have development stopped in v9 altogether. Looks like AP1 vehicles have peaked with 8.1, which is really disheartening... I love my vehicle, but couldn't have the feeling of "being stuck" anymore running through my mind.

Just saw this on teslafi for autopilot 1 hardware; so it looks like it is coming, just not all features will work such as dash cam

Software version 2018.39 4a3910f was just detected on a Tesla Model S P85D with Autopilot 1 hardware in Arizona United States. The highest previous version was 2018.36.2 ac4a215. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.​

hmmm?! For me, auto lane change always works if I try to use on an allowed road such as a divided interstate highway. Of course, if I try to use auto lane change on city streets, it won't work but that is as expected. So what I am curious about since apparently, auto lane change will now be rolled into auto steer, is what will happen when I use auto steer on a multi lane city street. Will auto lane change now work on those types of roads too now or will the car disengage auto steer for me to manually lane change? I do agree that auto lane change needs to be consistent. It will be interesting to see how that works. I am hoping that rolling auto lane change into auto steer is a sign that Tesla is preparing to expand auto lane change to more situations.
My understanding is the auto lane change is limited to highway initially.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Finally was able to install it, I guess major changes we care about - 5 cameras get calibrated now, new NN for Rear View camera! You can see the car in the back on IC as well. Bad news you can barely see lanes in the night view.

Drive by Nav is disabled by default.

IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG

Finally was able to install it, I guess major changes we care about - 5 cameras get calibrated now, new NN for Rear View camera! You can see the car in the back on IC as well. Bad news you can barely see lanes in the night view.

View attachment 338472 View attachment 338473

Great pic! What info is displayed for 'Require Lane Change Confirmation'?

What does the "i" button say on the "Require lane change confirmation"?

Reactions: MelaniainLA

Thank you!!! Can you test drive it and let us know what you see? Perhaps post a crude video? You’ll be famous as it would be the first! Thanks!!

For example, while I get the quality of the camera might be less than AP2.5 vehicles, but it's really disheartening that they didn't use the front or rear camera to at least provide something for previous owners to try out. I've seen many owners replace the rear camera with the newer 2016 model to bring the quality on-par with newer models. In this case, this is something that could have easily been improved/taken advantage of for AP1 vehicles at little to no cost (if you had already replaced it).

As someone mentioned, I'm also really waiting for SMS support (something I've had on Ford Sync (which is literally the most hodge podge system known to man for car software)). I have heard other's say, "Oh, texting isn't safe, it's too districting", but neither is a putting a full fledged web browser or the fact to have to read my cell phone vs use simply voice commands to read/respond.

To top off things; the Tesla store didn't ship my whole order and won't respond to my emails asking when the other half of the order will ship and the driver door handle failed (luckily I read the forums to expect that, just didn't think it'd happen a week after owning the car). Sorry to vent, but I feel the investment I made in Tesla couldn't have been made at a worse time if I tried :(

Or you can look at it this way. My car is only 8 months old. 219K CDN and is already out of date. V2.0 not 2.5. Missed it by 2 months. The pain is real. But that's just the technology game.

For the record there is also another new processor/computer that's been developed and should be out next year. So you can look at it how ever you want. We all screwed

Reactions: GSP and Superendo