Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. If the car is just suggesting lane changes and picking which side of the lane split to follow, I don't understand why it isn't coming to AP1 as well - that doesn't sound like anything AP1 would need additional hardware for or code that wasn't already developed for AP2.

I'm assuming it's due to AP1 not having the higher precision GPS that AP2.x has. I'm going to guess that the nav isn't going to suggest the lane change if you're already in the correct lane. Problem is that AP1 won't know if you're in the correct lane or not, because it doesn't have that level of precision.

Did a small test drive with 'drive-by-nav', post pics a bit later Correct my previous post, 6 cameras are celebrating, it gives the errors about pilar cameras not being calibrated by still allowed me to drive. It possible that all 8 cameras will be used. Spoiler alert! autopilot overtake other vehicles which is kind of cool

Pics and video much appreciated!

Reactions: Ludalicious
1 (1).jpg
1 (2).jpg
1.jpg
IMG_2427.png
IMG_2430.png
IMG_2448.png

Photos are really crappy in the night , sorry about that

Attachments

• IMG_2456.png
    IMG_2456.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 76
Did a small test drive with 'drive-by-nav', post pics a bit later Correct my previous post, 6 cameras are calibrating, it gives the errors about pillar cameras not being calibrated by still allowed me to drive. It possible that all 8 cameras will be used. Spoiler alert! autopilot overtake other vehicles which is kind of cool

I guess we finally have a feature that is clearly EAP, still not a 1:1 feature parity but having all 8 cameras vs a non EAP new car with 4 vs an older car with 1 gives room for growth in the overlap (EAP vs AP1) and separation of EAP vs non EAP on new cars.

IMG_2456.png

If you look at this bad quality picture, you can see there are 3 lanes, blue lane represent autopilot navigated route, the gray lane on the side(right) shows initial planning route but there were cars and autopilot had to overtake it, and then the third lane (merge to the right lane) represent path planning by autopilot to merge into the right lane once it starts the turn that line will change to blue. I need to make a better picture during the day

View attachment 338498
If you look at this bad quality picture, you can see there are 3 lanes, blue lane represent autopilot navigated route, the gray lane on the side(right) shows initial planning route but there were cars and autopilot had to overtake it, and then the third lane (merge to the right lane) represent path planning by autopilot to merge into the right lane once it starts the turn that line will change to blue. I need to make a better picture during the day
oh, important feature request: does it finally read speed limit signs properly?!?

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and GSP
View attachment 338498

Thanks for putting these together!

Can I ask if it's at ALL possible to "pin" camera to the top of the screen? I have a feeling I'm going to go nuts if I can't...

Reactions: whitex