Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it turn on the blinker before moving over? Don’t have to time it or anything, but is it:
1. Almost immediately before
2. With a small but noticeable delay before
3. Several seconds before

It starts blinking 5 - 15 seconds before, depends how fast it make a turn. Given my driving habits, it exactly when I would start the blinker

Can you imagine going to the FAA and telling them you have this great system which will auto land an airplane. You're going to run advertisements that says it can auto land. The user interface will say auto land..... But, the pilot is responsible at all times and if it fails to flare at the end, that's the pilot's fault...

One interesting way the FAA deals with failures is that they assume the pilot will take between 3 and 10 seconds to react to the failure. I've been in an airplane before having manually failed a system, having to count 1,2,3 before the pilot was allowed to touch the controls. Depending on how off course the airplane got in those 3 seconds would determine where you could use that system (like how close to the ground)

The SAE recognizes this too- L3 autonomy is supposed to give the user 10 seconds to obey a take over command. Right now, none of Tesla's stuff is close to this.

Flight analogies don't work well here. Pilots are highly trained individuals and fatalities from pilot mistakes are at incredibly low levels. Drivers have a wide range of skills (to put it mildly) and people die on the roads constantly. Something that would be completely illogical in an airplane might make total sense in a car. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here, but in general airplane/car analogies are fundamentally broken.

Looks like we are calibrating the fisheye and both repeaters... video to come once I get home

Trying to hunt down a truck for you guys

1B6F56C9-58CD-43F7-ABFF-AEF917A3B0B2.jpeg

It’s maps, 100%

BTW, what's up with the repeated maps downloads? Our Model 3 downloaded around 5.2GB of maps separated by 3 days. In between and afterwards it didn't feel like downloading anything more. Our Model S downloaded 5.2GB once 3 weeks ago, didn't want anything for the last 3 weeks, and then today it's downloading around 4.7GB.

Are they rapidly pushing out non-incremental map updates? Is there more than one map? Or is it just failing to verify or something and retrying?

Maybe not the right thread for this question, but does anyone know how to tell if you already have the recent maps update?

I got a notice last week saying that I "didn't have the most recent maps data" and that it would only download over WiFi. Since then, I have been connected to Tesla guest WiFi (not service WiFi) when supercharging at my local SC. It was connected for about 1 hour on two separate occasions since that notification.
Since Monday, i got a WiFi point put in near the garage and have noticed no large (more than 60mb) of data download. Does that mean I have the updated maps? Or is there another way to tell?
I just want to have the maps update in case that's a requirement for when V9 rolls out :D

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP and ironwaffle