Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From an Electrek article:
With new pictures released by lambaus on /r/Teslamotors, we now have a better idea of how Tesla intends for drivers to use the feature.
Those pics are originally from @dennis_d

As a note, things could change, but this is our best understanding based on all the different release notes that we have seen on various cars with the new update. H/T to /u/110110 and /u/y2kbaby2 on /r/TeslaMotors for helping organize these and Marc Benton for the pictures of V9 above.
The release notes were posted by me, other people getting thanked for it... :(

Sorry about that, I was one of the people thanked
It's not really your fault, only Electrek's for not looking into where the info originates from...

I would write to Eletrek and at least get the article corrected.
I DM'd the guy on Twitter shortly after the article was published but no anwser...

I now understand why @wk057 is watermarking everything :)
Sorry about that, I was one of the people thanked

FWIW,
(1) Sorry about what happened. If correct attribution matters, from my past Internet life doing something else, I would highly recommend drafting a writeup, sending it to Fred, waiting for it to post on Electrek, then you can post your discussion thread on Reddit or TMC afterwards.
(2) I don't think any of those who Fred assigned credit to had a say in the matter. Electrek was probably just trying to get the story out rather than trace the full lineage of all the photos across 22 pages of this thread and a few hundred Reddit comments.
(3) I think those doing summarizing and imgur rehosts were still doing a valuable service with no malicious intent to steal credit. Forum attachments and Youtube videos get pulled all the time. And speaking of 22 pages, only a select handful of us dorks comb through 425 posts to put all this info together. The rest just want a one-stop-shop.

Reactions: ironwaffle
FWIW,
(1) Sorry about what happened. If correct attribution matters, from my past Internet life doing something else, I would highly recommend drafting a writeup, sending it to Fred, waiting for it to post on Electrek, then you can post your discussion thread on Reddit or TMC afterwards.
(2) I don't think any of those who Fred assigned credit to had a say in the matter. Electrek was probably just trying to get the story out rather than trace the full lineage of all the photos across 22 pages of this thread and a few hundred Reddit comments.
(3) I think those doing summarizing and imgur rehosts were still doing a valuable service with no malicious intent to steal credit. Forum attachments and Youtube videos get pulled all the time. And speaking of 22 pages, only a select handful of us dorks comb through 425 posts to put all this info together. The rest just want a one-stop-shop.
Nobody said the reposters are at fault, it is Fred's mistake

Nobody said the reposters are at fault, it is Fred's mistake
One could argue responsible reposting could also entail assigning credit for where the originals were found. The same rigor expected out of academic citation. But yeah, that doesn't really happen, but it's probably something the Reddit mods should consider for future megathreads.

One could argue responsible reposting could also entail assigning credit for where the originals were found. The same rigor expected out of academic citation. But yeah, that doesn't really happen, but it's probably something the Reddit mods should consider for future megathreads.
Yeah, i was definitely just trying to get the full release notes out and didn;t even think that it would be recirculated to the point that I would get credit. In hindsight, I should have linked the original post but I also had to split it into 3 separate comments because it was so long, so i was annoyed with reddit to the point were I wasn't thinking about this

Ya! my hand is on the steering wheel all the time and I got nagged if I don't deliberate squeeze the wheel from time to time. Or, if I hold the steering wheel a little firm, I may get "kick-out" of the autopilot mode. Tesla's autopilot nagging feature should do a better job to letting the driver holding their steering wheel the way they wanted. This "safety feature" reminded me of the "master-slave-processors" architecture where the "slave" (us the driver) requires reporting to the "master" (the AI processor) every few seconds in order not to get knocked down. C'mon Tesla, treat your loyal customer with some dignity would you?
You don’t need to squeeze it. It doesn’t have pressure sensor. It registers torque.