Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple just released the updated app to run with this version. Those few of you that have it can now try it on IOS. :)

Yeap... They do mention all the new features and say they are only available with software 2018.39 and above... wide V9 release imminent?

IMG_8087.PNG

OMG - Thank you! Have you tried this? Think it's intended for when you can sit in the back seat without a driver - so you can change music without reaching over to the 17" touchscreen?? :) Would be nice eh?

Since @BigD0g likely has a paid job and therefore can't spend all day posting on TMC, perhaps we should each chip in a few bucks and "hire" him as a full-time Tesla sleuth? :)

BTW are you the same @BigD0g who was super active on Tesla Forums ~Jan 2017, eagerly expecting your S delivery? I remember you from there...

PS I would bet this isn't intended long-term for rear-seat "passengers" but rather for the "driver" of the car who no longer sits in the driver's seat. Always wondered how, for FSD to occur, the passengers would control navigation (telling car where to go) as well as music. Now we know! Right??

• Love
Reactions: PaulJohn
PS I would bet this isn't intended long-term for rear-seat "passengers" but rather for the "driver" of the car who no longer sits in the driver's seat. Always wondered how, for FSD to occur, the passengers would control navigation (telling car where to go) as well as music. Now we know! Right??

They may not intend it for that, but I know for sure it will be used in my car so I don't have to hear a little voice saying "Next!" from the back seat every 15 seconds.

Yes, there is no footage of the new EAP features online. I would like to view the new five lanes with the blue trajectory path, etc. If it misses an exit, so be it.

BigD0g is already a hero. If BigD0g can post the first video footage of new EAP features (on/off highway), that should make it to the headline news tonight instantly turning him into a celebrity. I hope your camera's get calibrated soon and you get the first chance to showcase v9 before the updates go out to us mere mortals tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and PaulJohn
BigD0g is already a hero. If BigD0g can post the first video footage of new EAP features (on/off highway), that should make it to the headline news tonight instantly turning him into a celebrity. I hope your camera's get calibrated soon and you get the first chance to showcase v9 before the updates go out to us mere mortals tomorrow.
How many of us really think we'll get this tomorrow? I mean...I want it, but..

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
They may not intend it for that, but I know for sure it will be used in my car so I don't have to hear a little voice saying "Next!" from the back seat every 15 seconds.

I just wonder if you can give someone access to the media control for your car without giving them full access to the car's remote features...

Anyone have a guess when this will start rolling into a GM release? It obviously depends on critical the bugs in the version being tested right now, but I'm thinking a couple more bug fixes, and it will start rolling out in a couple weeks.

Anyone have a guess when this will start rolling into a GM release? It obviously depends on critical the bugs in the version being tested right now, but I'm thinking a couple more bug fixes, and it will start rolling out in a couple weeks.
While I'm tempted to say 3 months likely, 6 months definitely, usually releases are 1-2 weeks behind their beta counterparts.

Last edited:
While I'm tempted to say 3-6 months, usually releases are 1-2 weeks behind their beta counterparts.

Yeah, and it's more or less 1-2 weeks after the most recent beta release assuming there's no problems found with it. If they push out like a 2018.39.2, then the clock resets and they wait 1-2 weeks again for problem reports, it seems.

I wonder what the end result will be this time. One of the previous times, they just pushed out a dot release based off an odd week directly to us (2018.21.9)

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D