Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the MCU1 cars have the Cell antenna in one mirror and the WiFi antenna in the other. No BT antennas in either mirror.

And the key antennae are actually not in the mirrors as far as I can tell. I found one in the plastic dash trim cover on the driver side, like between the IC and the door. It looks like a standard 315MHz automotive key transponder.

I don't see any signs of BTLE key antennas in my car unlike my SO's Model 3, which clearly broadcasts 4 MAC addresses of BTLE beacons located around the car in addition to the MCU's BT audio device.

I made another small video, it's 30 minutes drive compiled in 2 min, I had to take over the car twice, once to pass a car of Chinese lady (was driving 50 miles and merged into my lane) and another time when the car lost lane marking next to SF.
I would say its pretty damn good beta if you ask me :)

If you uploaded the full 30 min drive I wonder how many people would watch the full 30 min?

I probably would. :p

Sure I might fast forward through parts, but then slow it down for situations I'm curious about.

I like the zoomed out view of this video. That was a great choice for the second video.

Last edited:
Seams like Tesla should put a “trail blazer” (Musk can come up with a better name) option in the my Tesla page.

People can select to be on the newest track or hold back.

Doesn’t need to be “update now” or anything. But would let some folks decide to hold back...

How do you know it's been updated?

Does it come up with the "Your maps have been updated" message?
I have not seen any message they the maps have been updated but clearly the maps have been updated because previous errors are gone, so it does not seem like we are getting messages about it. I may have been oblivious to it if I had not noticed the network traffic.

He has DON in Belgium?! I thought we don't have the necessary mapping data for it...
I can't wait to try it out, but unfortunately the soonest I can get an AP2 car is next week :(

The guy who made that video (a member of the Tesla Owner's Club Belgium) has a "hacked" car and was able to download the v9 (I guess the same way BigDog or dennis_d did) and could indeed enable the DON feature.

I asked him if it worked outside the US and he answered that it does, so I guess the reason why we don't get it is regulatory approval.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
To @dennis_d or someone else who has accumulated more time on V9: does Autosteer recognize blinkers to handle people merging into your lane better?

Elon mentioned that "blinker detection" was working as part of HIS software during the shareholders meeting a couple months back, and I wonder if that logic made it into this release.
It doesn't recognize blinkers as far as I can tell it does recognize the car merging into your lane and allow it to merge

The guy who made that video (a member of the Tesla Owner's Club Belgium) has a "hacked" car and was able to download the v9 (I guess the same way BigDog or dennis_d did) and could indeed enable the DON feature.

I asked him if it worked outside the US and he answered that it does, so I guess the reason why we don't get it is regulatory approval.
I also have the same level of access as he does, only thing I'm missing at the moment is the car to play with...