Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is for all the people who have paid several thousands of dollars for FSV and up to this point have not been given what they have paid for, or what was promised. Up until now many have been a little peed off, and rightfully so, because old AP1 was better than AP2. So now it is AP2's turn.

I am contractually obligated by my unofficial agreement with this forum to be the buzzkill here and point out that people who paid for FSD (I assume that's what you meant and "FSV" was a typo) are still legitimately peed off because V9 still does not deliver a single FSD feature. Nor, now that they took away the ability to disable lane change confirmation, does it deliver a single new EAP feature, though it is clearly a strong move toward delivering EAP.

The blind spot monitoring is highly appreciated though anyway... if it works... reliably... in the rain, snow, fog, at night, and with fast-approaching vehicles. You know, like radar has been able to do for years.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but i cannot find it. It was probably taken from this thread originally ha...

Did anyone else notice in this video the repeater camera seemed to miss a few of the cars that went by toward the end (The lane line did not turn red). Might not be a good idea to turn this on without confirmation required just yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ironwaffle
.39.1/2 took away the “change lanes without confirmation” feature :( but nav on autopilot seems to be enabled legitimately now. So seems likely this will be how it launches for all of us. Means you have to use the turn signal or autopilot stalk to confirm lane changes.
Did you pay for the FSD option on your car? If not, is it possible that the auto lane changes are enabled only for those that paid for the FSD option?

Call the SC and ask when you will receive PIN to drive as you want to secure your Tesla. They may then sort an over the air check and push. I did that as wanted the feature and got it same day. Could have been coincidence but worth a shot...

32.4 has pin to drive. Source: it’s in my car and I have pin to drive. I do have an S (this is in the S thread), maybe different on the 3? But still.

You may want to speak to someone at the SC, maybe your updates have been failing and you have 'fallen' off the update wagon due maybe to some deficient WiFi router hs-dsl feeds etc. a speed check may be required and if not up to what you are paying for call your isp.

34.2 is still very current. Look at www.teslafi.com/firmware. There are still a significant number of cars on 34.2 and even 32.2.

Don’t waste the service folks time on something like this. That’s one real problem they don’t have time to solve when everyone calls about this stuff.

Really. Stop being so needy. Don’t worry, be happy.

Exactly. After reading thru all of this thread, I'm still very content with my AP1 system. Totally cool with giving up blind spot monitoring in exchange for *consistently working* automatic windshield wipers, speed sign detection, and no ghost braking. With this v9.0 release, I'm honestly not feeling left out yet. If the driver has to literally confirm each lane change with this first iteration of "Drive on Nav", that to me is basically the same amount of user interaction when wanting to change lanes under AP with 7.x and 8.x.

Perhaps 9.1 or some other numerical iteration will finally be the holy grail for AP2 owners. Until then, AP1 rock on!
Keep telling this to yourself. I don't mean to be negative but after driving in ap1 and ap2.5, I can confidently say that ap1 is acceptable but not better even before v9. With v9, ap2.5 will be vastly better. With v9.1, it will be completely different generations that cannot be compared as better or worse but rather as a level progression of adas (ie gen 1, gen 2).

Keep telling this to yourself. I don't mean to be negative but after driving in ap1 and ap2.5, I can confidently say that ap1 is acceptable but not better even before v9. With v9, ap2.5 will be vastly better. With v9.1, it will be completely different generations that cannot be compared as better or worse but rather as a level progression of adas (ie gen 1, gen 2).
I had a AP1 loaner last week. Even on motorways, it was so unsure of itself. Kept moving towards lorries. It really fails when there is not a white line on one side. AP2 can interpret a line from objects such as cones etc. For me AP2 just felt a lot more planted.

32.4 has pin to drive. Source: it’s in my car and I have pin to drive. I do have an S (this is in the S thread), maybe different on the 3? But still.

34.2 is still very current. Look at www.teslafi.com/firmware. There are still a significant number of cars on 34.2 and even 32.2.

Don’t waste the service folks time on something like this. That’s one real problem they don’t have time to solve when everyone calls about this stuff.

Really. Stop being so needy. Don’t worry, be happy.
I’m still on 32.2.

No, but I know a poor soul that has, and now MadMax is more like Mad Grandma waiting for confirmation, before crossing the street, far far less fun.

I'm sure it will come back in three months maybe, definitely six!

Argh so disappointing— they tease it to us then take it away? Well who knows — the “final/wide” release of V9 could be 2018.40? (Week 40 starts at midnight) Maybe it’ll come back??

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Well, this is sad news, do you think there is any chance this change is temporary?
The optimist in me say yes. I think this is for our own good right now. If may be 99% good but when it goes wide there will be hundred of thousands of cars using it, it may expose edge case where it would lead to an accident and if that happeneds, it will set progress back by years due to PR issues. I am OK to have Tesla validate it with more real world data first.

Recall how AP was pretty nag free and great, a few idiots and accidents ruined it for all.

The optimist in me say yes. I think this is for our own good right now. If may be 99% good but when it goes wide there will be hundred of thousands of cars using it, it may expose edge case where it would lead to an accident and if that happeneds, it will set progress back by years due to PR issues. I am OK to have Tesla validate it with more real world data first.

Recall how AP was pretty nag free and great, a few idiots and accidents ruined it for all.

Yes, maybe it will run in shadow mode and collect data first, then release to the public.

I’m still on 32.2.
Along with 7.6% of the semi-random sample -

610E3E40-4C53-4409-A0B1-6D7857DC2954.png