Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems I was impatient and it wasn’t finished installing.. needless to say, it was 36.2... :/ why would you this to me Tesla?! Get me all hyped up for a meaningless update hours before “v9 is expected to drop”?!

They should have immediately given V9 plus the auto lane change feature to anyone who spent their weekend volunteering to deliver cars for a for-profit entity. It’s actually illegal for a for-profit organization to take volunteers (including interns now!) so they could be breaking the law by not compensating. Prioritizing V9 would be a nice start!!

Anyone know what the size of the update will be? I’m going to use my phone’s hotspot but I only have 6GB left so I want to make sure I don’t go over.

Exactly 1GB. No more, no less. Thereabouts, approximately.

But please don't stress, the likelyhood of everyone getting it per the rumor is IMO low.

Turns out that I have a 1500km journey thursday/friday this week. Release will be late friday afternoon by that metric.

Last edited:
IIRC, when Tesla released Version 7.0 with autosteer, everyone (or at least a large percentage of the fleet) did get it on Day 1. But I don’t think they’ve done a mass release like that since then.

Wrong -- the latest mass release was the Ho Ho Ho update on Christmas Day 2017, which gave all AP cars the ability to make the AP screen show your car as a sleigh, complete with snow. And the blinkers were bells.

So I might not be in the popular view with my post but after looking at all the different pre-release pictures of the new UI layout I feel like it’s taking a step in the wrong direction with adding the card based views from the model three to the S and the X. Model three has landscape view and is higher up in the viewable area compared to the dashboard. Model S and X have the radically larger vertical center console, which to me feels excellent with the current configuration. I personally use the camera always on and on top of my split screen view and would be sad to have to tap an app drawer, only to find a card view which is an overlay on to the existing background, and cannot pull it to the top of the screen permanently. Is there anyone out there who feels like I do?
Exactly. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the videos of the new UI. As a Model S AP1 owner, I had already planned to not install this release, and hold out as long as possible given there's little upside and seemingly more downside.

Someone earlier suggested you need to upgrade to .36 before .39/.40. While you can easily skip updates normally, there may be something required by 36 before 40.

awwwwwwww shoot. I have 32.4 and not looking forward to "levels of update" with V9 coming eventually. The folks at Tesla who have control of this are probably reading these posts and laughing their arse off at us fools......

• Funny
Reactions: MarkKW