Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My recent experience: Oregon last
Month was in left lane on freeway in pounding drenching rain. Night. Truck on right throwing buckets. Doing 50 mph. I got to where I couldn’t hardly see. Wipers going full tilt boogie. Auto pilot locked in doing great. I took over and slowed back out of there anyway. Scary.

Last winter had one rain / snow shutdown with plenty rain driving.

This sounds like something else, like maybe water getting through some seal into the sensor or electronics. I have definitely used the radar in heavy rain with no problems; I think you should talk to service about this if you haven't already.
I must agree. I have AP engaged in some serious downpours several times and never seen any degradation or messages.

Reactions: don123
I've had heavy rain disable my radar with 2.0. Wet snow created bigger issues with both ultrasonics and radar. I've also been very impressed with what AP was able to do in horrible conditions, including very thick fog.

As AP has improved, the ability to fight through adverse conditions seems to both improve and yet the system is also more willing to recognize the issues and disengage.

Which might indicate 5 camera's are being used. On the other hand, I do believe the backup camera works, based upon the observation that it doesn't overtake when there's traffic coming from behind and because the autopark feature is so much better; so the CameraCalibrated setting might not tell the complete story.

Could you expand a bit on the “autopark” feature better now? With a particular software version it got better or when they added additional camera support? Sorry I’m confused. I’m interested in the park feature getting better.
Thanks.

I have never had rain disable my radar, AP has always worked like a champ in the heaviest of downpours. Now when it comes to a very wet snow that's a different issue, during the winter once the cars front end is caked in ice or snow the radar will quit working. This is also true for the wife's SUV which is not a tesla but an ICE SUV in which she loses her cruise control as well. So this is not just an issue for tesla cars but for any car that uses radar for TACC.

Because that little batch of invited early access partners got their updates. No rollout yet. My opinion but I really don't think it started rolling out to the general population and probably won't for some time. More #TweetLetDowns from Sir'Elon

I tend to agree with you... doesn't seem to be rolling out to the masses. All this hand-wringing about making sure your car is connected to Wifi as much as possible/making sure the car doesn't go to sleep/monitoring your router to see how much data the car has pulled/etc. seems to be a little much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk... I want the update as much as everyone else, but it'll come when it comes. Better to let Tesla polish it up, rather than send it out to the masses with bugs.

We've already got the most awesome cars on the planet, the fact that they get more awesome with updates is amazing. Enjoy your cars folks... don't stress about when the next update is coming... it'll be here before you know it.

Many of yesterday's TeslaFi updates were from .39.something to .39.4. It could be as simple as they now have their full testing fleet on .39.4 and are preparing to roll with that one for the masses (or package it up into a new release for the masses). I would guesstimate that the fact that updates have dried up is actually a positive sign that a larger rollout is coming soon, as if they were still doing routine bug fixes, I'd expect to continue to see point releases going out to the early access fleet.

Because that little batch of invited early access partners got their updates. No rollout yet. My opinion but I really don't think it started rolling out to the general population and probably won't for some time. More #TweetLetDowns from Sir'Elon
Looks like all the 2018.39.X updates have pushed for a day, then two days later the next update is released with more pushes.

Tess is downloading an update... Hopefully it’s a good one! :)

Attachments

• E943102B-E373-4983-8F16-44377F6D648A.jpeg
    E943102B-E373-4983-8F16-44377F6D648A.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 98