Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not think you mean "can't be connected". Maybe you mean "shouldn't be connected". Maybe some of the EAProgram people do not know how or even think about removing their car from TeslaFI.

ALSO, as far as I know the has not been 1 confirmed person say they got v9 other then EAProgram and rooted cars. Please let me know if you know of one "confirmed". I have read that some say they do but then check and no they don't.

I can confirm one case of a model 3 that has 39.4 and he said he’s not part of early release.

Also for those saying Tesla can't police cars on the early access and connected to TeslaFi.

Tesla can insert test authentications tokens on tesla fi, capture the IP address Teslafi uses to connect to the cars and type of request they do.
Cross check that with cars in the early access that are receiving the same type of request or that their token is coming from the Tesla Fi IP address. Probably 6 hours of work to setup a firewall/network rules to detect this and automatically send a email to all of them to remove their cars.

I tend to agree with you... doesn't seem to be rolling out to the masses. All this hand-wringing about making sure your car is connected to Wifi as much as possible/making sure the car doesn't go to sleep/monitoring your router to see how much data the car has pulled/etc. seems to be a little much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk... I want the update as much as everyone else, but it'll come when it comes. Better to let Tesla polish it up, rather than send it out to the masses with bugs.

We've already got the most awesome cars on the planet, the fact that they get more awesome with updates is amazing. Enjoy your cars folks... don't stress about when the next update is coming... it'll be here before you know it.
Could not agree more. No need to pressure Tesla to put out something that isn't ready and devalue the car and our experience. I'm already loving every drive, it can only get better!

It's a good thing that Tesla is testing V9 through the early access and working through edge cases. I think the V9 that does go to the general public will be much better for it. Furthermore, I get the impression that V9 is not just a new software version but really is the first "pre-FSD" version of autopilot, calibrating all the cameras etc... So I think V9 will be a big milestone in autopilot development. I really look forward to it.

I have an inside contact at the local SC (manager), he has been able to push updates to my cars whenever I ask him to (if available). I asked him about this one and he said is not yet released to the fleet.
This speaks volumes and confirms what I said about us all being plain silly for believing the one dude on reddit that said he asked a random SC person who said it was coming out on 1st October. As I said, SCs have no idea about upcoming firmware releases beyond knowing what they already have.

Reactions: 2virgule5
This speaks volumes and confirms what I said about us all being plain silly for believing the one dude on reddit that said he asked a random SC person who said it was coming out on 1st October. As I said, SCs have no idea about upcoming firmware releases beyond knowing what they already have.

And here I thought random call center people and techs were in the know with Tesla's IT department. Oh how naive I was!

• Funny
Reactions: bollar

In fact I am betting that some of the non-beta people who got v9 were accidental Early Access Program pushes and are getting rolled back. Given the continuing 2018.36.2 rollout, it doesn't seem like v9 is going out today. Back to everyone holding their breath.