Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the 'corner cases', the 39.0.1, which I tested didn't perform well in (very) bad weather. I'm uploading a half-an-hour movie uncut driving for those interested, including the off-ramp from yesterday at the end. I got a better phone camera and a stabiliser, so the image quality should be better. I tried to focus on getting the road situation and instrument cluster in vieuw at the same time.

In the mean time, I upgraded to 39.2.1, for some more testing tomorrow.

It will become available here as soon as the upload finishes:
Jasper Nuyens

This speaks volumes and confirms what I said about us all being plain silly for believing the one dude on reddit that said he asked a random SC person who said it was coming out on 1st October. As I said, SCs have no idea about upcoming firmware releases beyond knowing what they already have.

People in every online community I've ever been a part of have had a huge distrust of everything that a CSR says up until the point that the CSR says something that they personally want to be true. It's at that point that the mob begins shifting into "it's this person's job to know this so it MUST be true!" It's fascinating to watch sometimes.

As an aside, my attempt to bribe my local service center with copious amounts of delicious donuts has failed to result in anything resembling v9. Oh well, it made their morning at least.

What was the expected time line for AP 3.0? I’m planning to wait to add a model 3 once 3.0 and the new battery improvement is shipping with the car to save myself the headache of waiting for a computer swap

All Elon has said is that AP 3.0 is likely to start shipping in early 2019. So by waiting you give up half or three quarters of the possible tax credit.

Is scheduling a Tesla Mobile service person to come out and spend maybe an hour with your car really that big of a headache?

I posted this in a different thread that may be off topic so I will delete that one.

However, in this article Elon Musk's quotes concerning Tesla replacing the Nvidia system that makes up our 2.5 hardware with Tesla's own hardware in 3.0 soon and it will support FSD. It claims he said our 2.5 system will support EAP ....with the stuff we pretty much already have! Anyone else see this? Makes V9 kind of who cares if it is accurate the way I read it.

"However, the Palo Alto, California-based automobile manufacturer insisted that its current Hardware 2.5 system was powerful enough to handle Tesla's Enhanced Autopilot including features like matching speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and being summoned to and from your garage."

bah I was sold FSD and paid for it.

If they say they will "update" current 2.5 cars to the new Tesla hardware I am finding that hard to believe because 1. when talking about the future they are defensive about 2.5 already equipped to perform EAP and 2. seems like they would have a major swapout for a hell of a lot of cars.....too many

Link:
Why Tesla Dropped Nvidia's AI Platform For Self-Driving Cars And Built Its Own
I was told my MCU v2.5 was based on an Intel chipset.

About the 'corner cases', the 39.0.1, which I tested didn't perform well in (very) bad weather. I'm uploading a half-an-hour movie uncut driving for those interested, including the off-ramp from yesterday at the end. I got a better phone camera and a stabiliser, so the image quality should be better. I tried to focus on getting the road situation and instrument cluster in vieuw at the same time.

In the mean time, I upgraded to 39.2.1, for some more testing tomorrow.

It will become available here as soon as the upload finishes:
Jasper Nuyens

It's LIVE.

(Basic) Ramp off support. Full stop. See ~25:50 'till the end.

Ok.....given that we are all (I think) wetting ourselves in anticipation of the elusive V9 (except for a new class of "we are better than you" folks in a "Early Adopter" special homeroom) and we have gossip as to when the rest of us lower class unwashed may see this.....how about looking in our crystal Elon Musk snow globe and guessing on what the timeline for this upgrade, swap out, recall might be? We have gone year to year with "slippage" on FSD so what are the most educated guesses on this timing? 2019? 2020? "to infinity and beyond"? (buzz) I appreciate those who are certain ......now best guess on timeline and staging?

Or just wait long enough that most cars sold with that promise has been retired... Seriously though, FSD is seriously hard and it took us millions of year of evolution to master. I would cut them some slack as long as progress is being made. Maybe some day I would buy my real FSD S250D

I picture Fred Flintstone "millions of years" back in Bedrock starting the evolution of FSD on his foot powered Rockmobile. That show was a great docudrama with a great supporting actor in Barney Rubble.

Your observation on "wait long enough" is probably correct. Then I might join you in buying a Model S 2500D 0-60 in "before you got in the car"

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
What we need is an

With this type of processing power, WHY 40 year old Atari games?

We need Pokémon Go! Imagine the big screen and/or the IC being used as Augmented Reality displays and you use the car to hunt the objects. Would be perfect!!

The Atari game performance on my MCU1 is absolutely atrocious. I suspect it is significantly better on MCU2...

heavy rain? It was barely drizzling when I lost radar.

edit: I even pulled over and restarted the car / cleaned off the area of the front bumper that covers the radar. I did not get radar back until the drizzle stopped

You should get that checked out; your radar might not be aimed correctly or might have other issues... My AP2 radar has no problem with rain (unless it is *really* coming down hard, then I get the warning). I have been using it though a pretty wet week here with no issues.

Or just wait long enough that most cars sold with that promise has been retired... Seriously though, FSD is seriously hard and it took us millions of year of evolution to master. I would cut them some slack as long as progress is being made. Maybe some day I would buy my real FSD S250D

FSD seems hard for sure, but with the progress on EAP, i dont find it that far fetched. I mean, Uber/Waymo basically already have driverless cars, tesla just needs to find a way to do it without lidar.