Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with two (or more) Tesla’s on the same account exporting addresses to your car(s) works flawlessly. Whichever car is the one selected in the Tesla app will be the one the address is shared with. Super easy super convenient!!
Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter which car is selected in the app. All that matters is which phone is synced to the car will via Bluetooth.
For example if my wife gets in the car well before I do and it syncs to her phone, the phonebook and addresses the ones on her phone. The reason I know is the case is because I’ll attempt to place a call using the steering wheel with recent calls and they don’t look familiar because they’re all hers.
I’m pretty sure that’s probably true with the calendar as well although I have not paid enough attention to know for sure.

For those with two (or more) Tesla’s on the same account exporting addresses to your car(s) works flawlessly. Whichever car is the one selected in the Tesla app will be the one the address is shared with. Super easy super convenient!!
Sorry,
Misunderstood. I just realized you were talking about using the sharing function to send directions to the car.
My mistake.

So first impressions is as follows:

1. MCU 1 faster and more responsive than before
2. The new pages with all the controls and settings are laid out better and its easier to find things
3. Yes you cant move the apps to the top half of the screen but if you had them on the bottom they work just like before
4. The sharing of your destination on google maps to the car is awesome
5. Yes the games run perfect on MCU 1, but just a bit of advice when playing lunar lander in full screen (all controls are then transferred to the steering wheel) and the sound cranked at 2 am your wife may come to the door of your attached garage and see you smiling like a little kid and lock you out of the house.

In the morning Ill take the car out for a quick test drive and see how AP works on the HWY If I can get into the house to get some sleep

HAHA, my son took over the car for 30min, played Atari like no tomorrow, I felt like back in the glorious 80ies, when I was still a teen:)

Does anyone know when the Model 3 software upgrade will take place?
Model 3s have been rolling out all along.
E55CBC52-0CC3-4C4A-AFB9-BBE12574D3FA.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime
@Daniellane even though we don’t have navigate on autopilot does autosteer feel to be much improved as we heard in the early access beta firmware? Also any lane change improvements?

There are many AP improvements for sure, but some new problems. I have two places I regularly drive where AP will pull me right out of my lane, if I don't stop it. One is a gas station entrance on a small highway, where at 60mph it tries to pull right, into the station. Another is a slight curve to the right at the top of a small hill, the left stripe on the roadway is stopped due to a small street. It always wants to jump into the left lane.

Apparently AP gets confused if it doesn't see the other width of the lane and tries to adjust. Don't get me wrong, I love the new features, it changes lanes better, it sees stopped vehicles better, it slows down on offramps, etc. But as always, we will look forward to future improvements!

Reactions: Daniellane
I really don't like the loss of ability to move top half to bottom half of screen. I liked to place the map at the bottom and the rearview cam on top. Now I can't. I really don't like losing functions I was used to. I wish Tesla would quit trying to imitate Apple; adding useless adornments in place of real improvements is not admirable.

I really don't like the loss of ability to move top half to bottom half of screen. I liked to place the map at the bottom and the rearview cam on top. Now I can't. I really don't like losing functions I was used to. I wish Tesla would quit trying to imitate Apple; adding useless adornments in place of real improvements is not admirable.
I also Like my Rear Cam on TOP.

Reactions: RonJoven
I still haven't gotten V9 yet. Am I missing something or does it usually take over a week to get the update?
Currently less than 30% have been updated to v9. I'm sure you'll have it within another week or two.

We've received it on 3/4 cars in the past week. If you have a Model 3, the rollout was delayed but has been ramping up since yesterday.

Tesla PLEASE, Give us an Option to place the Rear Cam at the top!

The O/S in the car is Linux, from my understanding it is even based off of Ubuntu.
Can Tesla offer some simple custom desktop/Car UI theme settings or tweaks. That we can save to our profile.
Also, they could see what the owners/users like more based off what popular theme or tweak setting people are using.

LOL, I don't have nor do I want a twitter account but can someone.
Please ask Elon Musk, if we can have Freedom to choose and personalize some parts of our UI?

Currently less than 30% have been updated to v9. I'm sure you'll have it within another week or two.

We've received it on 3/4 cars in the past week. If you have a Model 3, the rollout was delayed but has been ramping up since yesterday.
I have a model X P100D, I've only had it 3 months. I was thinking since it was new I might get the update in a timely fashion :p

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
I have a model X P100D, I've only had it 3 months. I was thinking since it was new I might get the update in a timely fashion :p
Usually takes me about a month honestly. I got lucky and this one came in a week or so for me. Best I can tell, it's somewhat random but I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. We do know a strong WiFI signal helps your chances while parked overnight.

Interesting, - the M3 owners thought they should get it first as they have the "new model".

Then the AP1 folks thought they should get it first because they are the "founders".

Then the AP2 folks thought they should have it, as they "brought the company from the brink of disaster".

We'll add new P100D guys to the list because you spent the most money! :D

And me? I wish I didn't have it at all.:(