Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does v9 read speed limit signs with AP2.5 ?
Definitely not. Just tested it on a nearby street that I personally successfully lobbied the city council to reduce the speed limit from 35mph to 25mph. New Speed limit signs in place. Drove past 4 25mph signs over 2 blocks. Car still shows 35.

A few more minor observations.
Cold weather menu selection in controls now replaced by this when you touch the fan icon. As a colorblind person, it is dramatically easier for me to determine whether the heated steering wheel is on.
Also note the difference between these two images - when driver & passenger temperatures are synced (first image) only one temperature is displayed.
9DB43A79-0FC9-4514-BF35-6DE50B05BA6A.jpeg
2EBC8748-467D-4E3C-9CE0-51C686F26739.jpeg

While a purely qualitative observation, It seems significantly improved from 2018.36.2.
<It seems> The car will attempt to coast to slow (for a short period) and then resort to a physical brake.
<Previously it seemed> The car would -> travel at set speed -> approach forward traffic @ overtake speed -> jam on brakes at preset "N" car lengths -> slow to match speed of forward traffic & trail at preset distance --> rinse and repeat.

Just drove home this afternoon and I agree! Big improvement in stop and go traffic. Less a feeling of hurtling toward car in front of you and then jamming the brakes each time that car slows. Much smoother and natural braking. Added benefit is I am less concerned that car behind will rear end me due to herky-jerky braking.

A few more minor observations.
Cold weather menu selection in controls now replaced by this when you touch the fan icon. As a colorblind person, it is dramatically easier for me to determine whether the heated steering wheel is on.
Also note the difference between these two images - when driver & passenger temperatures are synced (first image) only one temperature is displayed.
View attachment 341253 View attachment 341254
Youtube or other audio/video sites in browser working? It's a slim hope

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Hi Chaserr,

I installed 2018.39.5 in my model X 2.5 AP this morning.
It is a bit different. Access to all main controls is on the bottom of the screen.
It could take someone 5 to 10 minutes to acclimatize to the new/different screens.

You can run 2 apps. at the same time, as long as one of them is navigation...

I have a short interstate drive in an hour.
I will post again if there is anything interesting in AP on that drive.

Shawn

View attachment 341112
Is good UI design basically over?

I had the Model S for 3+ years, and it never looked this bad in term of UI/UX.

The Camera icon I can’t even tell is a camera

The X icon I don’t even know what it could be

The Call icon is of an old-time telephone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kavyboy and am_dmd
Just drove home this afternoon and I agree! Big improvement in stop and go traffic. Less a feeling of hurtling toward car in front of you and then jamming the brakes each time that car slows. Much smoother and natural braking. Added benefit is I am less concerned that car behind will rear end me due to herky-jerky braking.
+1
My impression as well.

One small anomaly that may or may not be an issue related to updating version 9.0 and the using the updated Tesla App.
Calendar Syn and Face ID were disabled in my app settings. They were previously enabled, however, I upgraded my iPhone X to an iPhone Xs on Sunday. So that may be the reason. Perhaps someone else who hasn’t recently changed phones can verify this. In any case just be aware it might be an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Downtown
One small anomaly that may or may not be an issue related to updating version 9.0 and the using the updated Tesla App.
Calendar Syn and Face ID were disabled in my app settings. They were previously enabled, however, I upgraded my iPhone X to an iPhone Xs on Sunday. So that may be the reason. Perhaps someone else who hasn’t recently changed phones can verify this. In any case just be aware it might be an issue.

Yeah, pretty sure that’s it. I’m fairly certain I did the same when I upgraded to true Xs as well.

Blindspot Monitoring
To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware.

Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver.

LMAO, there is your FSD feature!

I have a AP 2.0 car. I think we should start a movement. We purchased our cars first, we should get the updates first as they have been using our money all this time, you know, time value of money. No offence AP 1 drivers, but our EAP and FSD premiums warrant some love.
From your signature, it looks like we have identical AP2 cars. After import duties, tariffs, and taxes, I spent twice as much on my car than yours. I vote I get it first.

From your signature, it looks like we have identical AP2 cars. After import duties, tariffs, and taxes, I spent twice as much on my car than yours. I vote I get it first.
Probably. Gotta love those government "fees." I live in a small town in central California and my friends tease me about my car costing more than their house! But for my friend down under, I will concede my update to you. Cheers mate!

Reactions: conman