Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well so much for rolling out today lol...
Lets just have a stiff drink and wait. I can get a copy of any software immediately, almost any product from Amazon in 2 days or less, but the Elon store moves a little slower.

I wish I would have known before buying this vehicle that every time a new feature is introduced would cause me more anxiety than I had as a five year old prior to Christmas, maybe I would have gone for the Corvette. NAWWWW

Not to mention I haven't been this addicted to a forum in a LONG time.

BD

Does anyone know if these software updates get updated as one software chunk or does it come incrementally? I've noticed a lot of activity on my vehicle, but it's like 7MBs here and 18 there. I'm guessing it should just be like one 500MB or so of data activity.

Since you need 36.2 to then upgrade to 39.5 how about sending out 100’s of 36.2 updates per day. Why is 36.2 on a slow pace with 39.5 requiring it?

I scheduled an appointment to get my screen fixed (yellow). I need to at least get 36.2 before then so they can install 39.5. I have 12 days to go.

I really think this whole “need to get to 36.2” thing is unsubstantiated rumor. No way they’re gonna start updating a bunch of cars to “not 9.0” after sending out an email blast to every owner.

Lets just have a stiff drink and wait. I can get a copy of any software immediately, almost any product from Amazon in 2 days or less, but the Elon store moves a little slower.

I wish I would have known before buying this vehicle that every time a new feature is introduced would cause me more anxiety than I had as a five year old prior to Christmas, maybe I would have gone for the Corvette. NAWWWW

Not to mention I haven't been this addicted to a forum in a LONG time.

BD

It wasn't even Elon who tweeted. It was the official Tesla account.

Twitter

Does anyone know if these software updates get updated as one software chunk or does it come incrementally? I've noticed a lot of activity on my vehicle, but it's like 7MBs here and 18 there. I'm guessing it should just be like one 500MB or so of data activity.

The small activity happens often. The software download will be as one chunk (or at least large chunks).

Yes that is a weird icon. Even a rotary dial would have been better and still not acceptable :eek:
I think it’s just a placeholder. Elon said he would have something to announce in a few months. I’m guessing this will eventually replace the phone icon entirely.

CD1C5EB7-D38B-4826-81CE-777104B8E985.jpeg

Elon Musk: I'm about to announce a 'Neuralink' product that connects your brain to computers

Everything You Need to Know About Elon Musk's Neuralink Startup | Digital Trends

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:)

Reactions: bhzmark
I was on the phone with service today troubleshooting a strange error message. Car is going in on Tuesday. I asked if he could stage it and he did. Problem was i just got a re-install of 36.2 - which i already had. Same build. So. 39.5 is still at Tesla discretion. Doesn’t seem to be the service center “push” yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit
Maybe not true. But my ranger tried twice for me today. I’m still on 36 after a 36 reinstall. She checked my Vin and everything and still no 39.5 love.

Yeah unfortunately there's definitely updates that are limited-release rollout, even though they're not Early Access. That's why .36.2 is still going out for "normal" service visit pushes.

I'm starting to suspect .36.2 is a prerequisite for either AP2.5 or MCU2. But looking at the AP1 and Pre-AP push rates for .36.2, it doesn't look to me like they plan on pushing .36.2 first and then v9, otherwise that will be a looooooong slow deployment and that's something we all don't want.

On cleantechnica, they post something about the 360 view that I didn't see in the photographs of the update notes:

The update also includes a number of features that will be enthusiastically welcomed by drivers, including a sexy full 360° camera view that will blend the camera angles from all of the onboard cameras into a single full-car view. The view is intended to give drivers a top-down view of the car, much like Infiniti’s vehicles have done for years and the top version of the new Nissan LEAF offers.​

Early updaters have any examples?

On cleantechnica, they post something about the 360 view that I didn't see in the photographs of the update notes:

The update also includes a number of features that will be enthusiastically welcomed by drivers, including a sexy full 360° camera view that will blend the camera angles from all of the onboard cameras into a single full-car view. The view is intended to give drivers a top-down view of the car, much like Infiniti’s vehicles have done for years and the top version of the new Nissan LEAF offers.​

Early updaters have any examples?

Cleantechnica is mistaken:

Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver.

No "sexy" full 360° camera view. Tesla wouldn't be able to do it as a software update as the cameras are not positioned for 360° low view.