Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh baby here we go. 0BC3E5E0-B5EA-418F-9555-BE704BB8907A.png

Wow, to my surprise I just got an update ready notification after ~600MB was downloaded. Don't normally make this kind of post. I was on 2018.36.2, AP2 car. Here's to hoping for 9.0. Also noticed a few reports of 2018.39.6 on teslafi and ev-fw, those seem to be AP1 cars.

v9 Confirmed, 2018.39.6 just installed on my AP2 MS. Also checked for differences in what's returned from the /data endpoint, there are some new items:

"vehicle_config": {
"can_accept_navigation_requests": true,
"has_air_suspension": true
}

"vehicle_state": {
"is_user_present": false,
"media_state": {
"remote_control_enabled": true
},
"software_update": {
"expected_duration_sec": 2700,
"status": ""
}
}

• Informative
Reactions: gregoryg
So first impressions is as follows:

1. MCU 1 faster and more responsive than before
2. The new pages with all the controls and settings are laid out better and its easier to find things
3. Yes you cant move the apps to the top half of the screen but if you had them on the bottom they work just like before
4. The sharing of your destination on google maps to the car is awesome
5. Yes the games run perfect on MCU 1, but just a bit of advice when playing lunar lander in full screen (all controls are then transferred to the steering wheel) and the sound cranked at 2 am your wife may come to the door of your attached garage and see you smiling like a little kid and lock you out of the house.

In the morning Ill take the car out for a quick test drive and see how AP works on the HWY If I can get into the house to get some sleep