Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me the so far V9 is a big let down. Looks different that's about it. Took it out to test and ping-ponging all over the road to a point i have to turn off. When will they fix to the right speed on maps? 35mph in a 65mph really!! Did a lane change and gave me an error and threw my car over 2 lanes. Crazy I was really hoping for more:( Does anyone know if it has to recalibrate all over again?

@bmah - Bruce, you do a great job moderating these forums. Just a suggestion...is it time to remove the firmware 7.1 and 8.1 stickies and create a 9 sticky? Or at least dump the 7.1 sticky?

Thanks, although please remember I'm only one of several moderators working the S/X forums...they seem to do their work more quietly than me. :)

Let me think about those sticky threads you mentioned, nowadays the spread of firmware versions is pretty wide so it's not clear that a single sticky thread per release train makes sense.

Bruce.

Reactions: croman
I have not explored this feature yet.
I was a bit unclear on which media setting are being referenced here (none in the app that I could find) it’s turned on by default in the cars media player settings (see screen shots) I still have no idea how a passenger gains access on their device. I also don’t see why this would be very useful.

“You can also allow your passengers to quickly control the media – play/pause, previous/skip, and cycle through your media favorites.”

• You can disable this feature by going to Media Settings > Allow Mobile Control.
BA4946DB-27A2-465E-BDDE-BDCCF9F37552.jpeg

DA5FD5A0-1016-4198-B717-341DECEF5940.jpeg

E9F25C66-2694-4CA5-99EF-040DF2CB0600.jpeg

8E1E562C-0011-46BA-9EEB-03297382196C.jpeg

Took the car for a test run down my usually route to see how AP does and here are my impressions of the new AP:

1. Your avatar in the display is now smaller to accommodate the extra vehicles it now displays around your car, and wow does it ever display a lot of cars. As reported cars look like cars, trucks look like trucks, pedestrians look like pedestrians all of this looks real cool. Went hunting for a person on a motorcycle but couldn't find one, probably because its getting cold here.
2. AP now feels like its on rails, the last version , 2018.36, was good but this one feels much more confident, absolute no ping pong effect and it stays right in the middle of the lane during corners.
3. Auto lane changing now shows up on all 2 lane roads not just a selected few which tells me its gone to a completely vision version not a map version. Also when you use auto lane change once the car is over a 1/4 into the lane change no longer does it snap back if you let go of the signal stalk.
4. Nags at 120 km/hr happen ever 28 seconds lower than 90 km/hr and they are a lot less often. I drove for well over a minute at 80 km/hr and no nags at all. It seems, more testing required, that the torque required on the steering wheel to prevent nags has been reduced.
5. Coming up to a stopped car it seems the car will first apply the brakes , a little to hard but not to bad, and then slowly slows down and comes to a stop. The distance it does this has been increased a lot., so its more sensitive.
6. Blind spot warnings is limited to just the lane line turning red on the display, tried it a few times and it works very well. Hopefully in future updates you will be able to toggle on/off a audible warning as well.

Overall a good improvement in the system, now hopefully they can get ULC working shortly and that will be awesome.

Last edited:
Took the car for a test run down my usually route to see how AP does and here are my impressions of the new AP:

5. Coming up to a stopped car it seems the car will first apply the brakes , a little to hard but not to bad, and then slowly slow down and come to a stop. The distance it does this has been increased a lot., so its more sensitive.

Question.......approaching a stopped car, is it still limited to less then 50mph without plowing into the stopped car or has that expanded further?

Reactions: OPRCE
Just tried out the dashcam. At first I used a 64gb flash drive, couldn't get it to format to FAT32 in Windows 10 so had to switch to a smaller thumb drive. The video saves as a series of 1 minute long .mp4 files, labeled with UTC time. The resolution is 1280x960. Each minute of video is about 30MB. The field of view is narrower than expected, only about 30 degrees total (15 to each side). Dashcam of ludicrous launch is very anticlimactic. Pretty awesome feature overall!

• Informative
Reactions: Vitold and jrad6515
Just tried out the dashcam. At first I used a 64gb flash drive, couldn't get it to format to FAT32 in Windows 10 so had to switch to a smaller thumb drive. The video saves as a series of 1 minute long .mp4 files, labeled with UTC time. The resolution is 1280x960. Each minute of video is about 30MB. The field of view is narrower than expected, only about 30 degrees total (15 to each side). Dashcam of ludicrous launch is very anticlimactic. Pretty awesome feature overall!

32GB is the max size FAT32 can handle under Windows (cluster size limit to promote NTFS).

If you run diskpart from the command line, you can split the USB drive into 32GB partitions that Windows will work with.

Yeah unfortunately there's definitely updates that are limited-release rollout, even though they're not Early Access. That's why .36.2 is still going out for "normal" service visit pushes.

I'm starting to suspect .36.2 is a prerequisite for either AP2.5 or MCU2. But looking at the AP1 and Pre-AP push rates for .36.2, it doesn't look to me like they plan on pushing .36.2 first and then v9, otherwise that will be a looooooong slow deployment and that's something we all don't want.

AP 1 owner here. I was on the release prior to 36.2 and have 9.0 running today. I suspect your suspicions may be correct about AP2.5 and or MCU2.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lex