Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IC: Wife in lineup to drop kids this morning got hit by 15 cars in a row. Son laughing. Also said the pedestrians seem to be teleporting.:confused:Yes distracting, and diminishing in value at current time.

AP: Continue to be happy and see minor improvements. The crazy Ivan's disappeared almost a year ago it seems. How times have changed.

Would like to have ability to customize view at some point. Dragging windows and sizing them was accomplished in the......1990's I think. Can't it be done here?

Would like to have ability to customize view at some point. Dragging windows and sizing them was accomplished in the......1990's I think. Can't it be done here?

Yes. Like most things SW based, it can. However (inserting cliches).
KISS: keep it simple stupid
Perfect is the enemy of good
Make it work, then make it {pretty/fast/small}

Basically: adding an additional level of code complexity would slow things down and make it more buggy. Plus, adds a bunch of additional test cases.

Yes. Like most things SW based, it can. However (inserting cliches).
KISS: keep it simple stupid
Perfect is the enemy of good
Make it work, then make it {pretty/fast/small}

Basically: adding an additional level of code complexity would slow things down and make it more buggy. Plus, adds a bunch of additional test cases.

Still want it.:D That way the rear view camera can be where everyone wants it.
The effort and money still should be towards fulfilling EAP and FSD first.

Last design of screens was just that. Simple.

IC: Wife in lineup to drop kids this morning got hit by 15 cars in a row. Son laughing. Also said the pedestrians seem to be teleporting.:confused:Yes distracting, and diminishing in value at current time.

Don't worry, it will be dropping off those kids without your wife's help when FSD rolls out... in 3 months maybe... definitely 6.

AP: Continue to be happy and see minor improvements. The crazy Ivan's disappeared almost a year ago it seems. How times have changed.

I've seen a slight uptick in wheel jerks with V9 tbh. It is clearly a more sophisticated system now with more potential, but honestly I haven't seen any significant improvement in performance yet. I do think they're headed in a much better direction, but this needs more time to refine the NN before it is actually better than post-2018.10.4 V8. My greatest fear is that we may not see significant improvement even for EAP until HW3 is available -- this more sophisticated NN must be about splitting the seams on HW2.

I suspect the problem here is that they want a more unified codebase between the 3 and the S/X. This of course is for their own benefit, not ours. The 3 has more significant layout constraints and constraints on what must be shown at all times because it has no IC. So, the S/X are getting constrained also. Don't worry, it's for their own good!

Here is my story: I've been living with V9 for several days now, and noticing all the various cases where the vision system fails to detect cars behind and in the blind spot, and how slow the blind spot is to actually turn red sometimes, and I'm very disappointed, as blind spot monitoring was the only feature in V9 that promised to actually be an improvement. It is still not reliable enough to trust.

You know what new feature I have not even bothered to click on? Atari games. Screw you Elon, you took away my backup camera display and gave me effing Atari games that I am never going to use.

A couple things that I have noticed...

Green traffic color gone. With my map now, only yellow and red traffic is rendered. Green is gone. One can assume that no yellow or red means traffic is OK, but it is t as clear because I don’t know if traffic is clear or if there is simply no data. Anyone see that too?

The “360” view shows car to the side, but not directly behind. Is that normal?
Holy crap. Your right. I knew something was a bit different but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.
I like this way better.

I've had 2 instances where cars in front of me were lost and the car suddenly accelerated at them. That hasn't happened since 17.9.3.

Yeah and it seems worse at TACC when vehicles are sort of half in your lane, like during a merge, which according to the infamous original tweet about FSD and V9 was supposed to be a thing that V9 "fully fixed" (tweet link below). So much for that. I've had it try to accelerate into merging cars that were substantially in my lane already (like more than 50% in my lane) a couple of times in the past few days. Definitely you still need to disengage TACC when cars are merging into your lane.

Elon Musk on Twitter

There is clearly such a long road left even to on-ramp-to-off-ramp (EAP) being safe, nevermind FSD.

The car seems to sometimes do this annoying Accelerating/decelerating thing in traffic that you can just slightly feel your head move back and forth with the momentum change. It’s of course verified watching the energy gauge. Seems to happen during a lane change. If tried follow me distance to higher and lower as well as trying “chill” speed. It’s still there.
I agree with another poster the system does seem more “capable” now and empowered to do more and handle more complex situations. But not quite as gentle or smooth as Pre 9. I think they will fine tune it as we go along tho.

Still want it.:D That way the rear view camera can be where everyone wants it.
The effort and money still should be towards fulfilling EAP and FSD first.

Last design of screens was just that. Simple.
Me too. Like my iPad I can set which Apps are at the bottom and in which order. I know others do but I never use the browser. So moving that App to the far right would be fine for me. Also, I live in Southern California and I pretty much never use the seat heaters. I ask my wife and she said maybe once. I only notice them in my Lexus when the car wash guy accidentally turns them on and my butt gets hot. Having them on at the bottom of the main screen is not needed for me. Replacing them with backup camera icon would be better for me or at least move them to the right. I accidentally hit them from time to time and then needs like three taps to turn them off.

That's scary. It's like there's no state permanence. If a person saw 2 cars parked in front of them, then without seeing them move, couldn't see them anymore they would assume the cars are still there.

But when your vision system gives you false positives at a high rate you need to be careful about trusting it an assigning permanence to objects that were only ever glitches in the first place.

Don't worry, they can do this all with cameras alone. It's going to be generating revenue for us all by picking up strangers in an autonomous ride sharing Tesla Network any day now!

As I have mentioned, I really didn't have a problem with V9, until now. Yes, it does more micro adjustments. But now it is more centered in the lane on the curves that I drive. It also doesn't freak out & beep where there is a gap on the right white lane lane for a turn (again, on the curve that I drive frequently). Sure, the backup camera is down, but I didn't like the distraction so I kept it in the lower position. It sometimes made me motion sick.

BUT, now, I found out that "ho ho ho" no longer represents the other cars as reindeer. Absolute disaster. \s

I don't think that the car "forgot", it just does not know with great accuracy where next to you the car is when travelling at low speeds. But, it knows that there is a car somewhere next to you. Therefore I doubt that it would initiate a lane change. Its just that it can't show you where the car is at low speeds because the algorithm is not powerful enough to accurately place the car until it hits the next camera.

But since the moment my v9 installation completed, I've only seen the error message "Surround Vision limited - contact Tesla service" so I can't see anything and ALC is completely disabled. Doesn't work at all. So my autopilot capabilities actually decreased substantially since getting v9. Can't get into service for 3 weeks. Fun.

Wouldn't the sonar sensors detect cars that are in that blind spot? That would prevent an automatic lane change.