Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CE8273D4-7EB4-4B5C-93D1-36B1F4B0A4B1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and DaddyP713
Even with app 3.60 and this firmware, my app doesn't allow the media or nav sharing. Anyone else with Android seeing the new app features?
You have to share from another app. So open Google maps, and then find a location, then click share, and select the Tesla app. Like this

As for media controls, it needs to be activated in the car first.

You have to share from another app. So open Google maps, and then find a location, then click share, and select the Tesla app. Like this

As for media controls, it needs to be activated in the car first.

Thanks, that worked. It was 4am and I hadn't actually made it back to the car after the update installed. Figured out how to share in Google Maps and it went right to the car.

Caution to all AP1 2014 owners with Subzero package.

I updated this morning and can no longer find that all weather/subzero menu anywhere.

Help needed, please?

Its part of the release notes. Its all in climate now. The heated seats are 3-D. The front 2 still appear in the menu on the bottom of the screen.

The bottom of the screen is now the easiest way to access it.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
AP2 test drive. AP is wild. It feels like the car is empowered now to make a lot more decisions. Turning on ramps has drastically improved. Can auto-lane change on all local roads now (anything with more than one lane in your travel direction).

IC visualizations are prone to jumping and erratic display but it works quite well notwithstanding the quirks. Blindspot monitoring was accurate and prevent lane changes like before but not displays a visual red line to help clarify. The cameras were calibrated instantly. Driving was smooth but unnerving because it clearly drove like a totally different software package. In the end I was pleased with how it performed and how great the software tracked vehicles and classified them. Far better than AP1. SUVs display as one type. Small work trucks display as such and large semi trucks also appeared. The Semi often split into two (tractor vs. trailer) which I thought was odd because it displayed them as two entirely separate vehicles.

AP2 test drive. AP is wild. It feels like the car is empowered now to make a lot more decisions. Turning on ramps has drastically improved. Can auto-lane change on all local roads now (anything with more than one lane in your travel direction).

Will it enable you pass on on a single land road? I will find out soon enough, but if you beat me to it... I would guess no.

edit: oh you are on AP2; I'm on AP1; totally different.

Early access? Theoretically EA cars aren’t ‘allowed’ on TeslaFi. :D So much for following the rules I guess!

(Invites for EA say no TeslaFi , ev-fw.com.... I have no idea if anyone complies.)

Looks like it is rolling out pretty fast; 77 to 86 on Tesla fi in about 10 minutes...

Look at all those AP1's!!!! Thank you Tesla for not forgetting about the earlier cars that got the company off the ground.
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 5.23.35 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Caution to all AP1 2014 owners with Subzero package that want to update to v9.0.

I updated this morning and can no longer find that all weather/subzero menu anywhere.

Help needed, please?

Anyone with AP1 updated V9.0 can check if auto lane change is now geo fenced to only "Controlled Access Roads" like AP2 and ap2.5.
I mean, does still changes lanes in all roads with the turn signal.
I got the update alert and really dont want to loose the ability to get the car to change lanes without turning off the auto steer.

Anyone with AP1 updated V9.0 can check if auto lane change is now geo fenced to only "Controlled Access Roads" like AP2 and ap2.5.
I mean, does still changes lanes in all roads with the turn signal.
I got the update alert and really dont want to loose the ability to get the car to change lanes without turning off the auto steer.

can confirm I can still change lanes on 1 lane strees into the oncoming lane!