Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I saw it the first time I myself got confused with the new much taller LEAF with an SUV.

I really like how comfortable it is to get in and out of a LEAF with a much higher seating position compared to M3

This was the old leaf but still, it doesn't look like a sedan since its a hatch but it can't be properly called an SUV. I like the new LEAF with pro-pilot but their battery tech is bad. My parents and brothers' LEAFs (leaves?) all have 12 bars after 4 years and a combined 73k miles. The old lizard battery tech wasn't so bad even if it was only 24kwh.

My model S 75D has only 243 miles @100% (a loss of 6.2% capacity in 22 mos (37k miles)).

Anyways, I just completed another trip and the pedestrian detection in parking lots is not as good. Once a human blends in with a different object (i.e a car), the image disappears. If their face is obscured, its less confident. If its a human out in the open, its detected no issues it seems (including tracking movement fairly precisely).

I'm all in for the update.
- did all the lane changing & loved the 360 views
- did get the attached message on IC twice, but it's not persistent, stopped to get coffee and all working at restart
- did forward & reverse summons outta garage, and parallel park all same as before
- passed by two joggered who were on the street, my left side, I slowed gently adjacent to them to waive, IC showed avatar of a person (I think in motion).
- xmas show works

old |v2018.34.1|AP2,PUP|
new |v2018.39.6|AP2,PUP|

IMG_2283.JPG

Reactions: scottf200
Ok, this is kind of amazing. I did an auto-lane change with the latter half of the change being as I went through an intersection. Worked perfectly.
I tried the same thing! Once I started it too late (after entering the interaction) and it smoothly aborted. Other than that it worked!

Lane change aborts seem to be graceful now, not neck snapping.

For me, since V9, every time I get in my car I see the music app on my iPhone starting to play (silently because I have my car’s media player set to slacker streaming which by the way is not starting to play automatically like it used to). I think this is a bug that’s needs addressed in future releases. With V8, streaming used to start automatically where I left it before leaving the car and iPhone music only started if I had it playing when I left the car. Now it seems to always defaulting or triggering the iPhone music.
+1

I'm all in for the update.
- did all the lane changing & loved the 360 views
- did get the attached message on IC twice, but it's not persistent, stopped to get coffee and all working at restart
- did forward & reverse summons outta garage, and parallel park all same as before
- passed by two joggered who were on the street, my left side, I slowed gently adjacent to them to waive, IC showed avatar of a person (I think in motion).
- xmas show works

old |v2018.34.1|AP2,PUP|
new |v2018.39.6|AP2,PUP|

View attachment 341629

Does Summon feel..."smarter"? Or does it feel the same as before 9.0?

I know obviously we have yet to get Smart Summon. But I would imagine maybe current Summon would be much improved in 9.0

Reactions: PaulJohn
The Tesla customer support line has a >60 minute wait time :-D I'm not sure if I should be selecting the option to speak to a local service center - maybe I'll just try that on Monday.
Yes. 28.5 was a long time ago...

I called customer service. After waiting on hold for 1 hour, I was told that updates 'happen randomly' and that they couldn't do anything to 'push it out' and just to 'wait'. Any suggestions on what to do? :-(

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
I called customer service. After waiting on hold for 1 hour, I was told that updates 'happen randomly' and that they couldn't do anything to 'push it out' and just to 'wait'. Any suggestions on what to do? :-(

You wasted their time and also caused others to wait on hold longer by being impatient about getting the update.

You wasted their time and also caused others to wait on hold longer by being impatient about getting the update.

Guys, while normally, I’d agree with that, this person in particular is still on 28.5, meaning they haven’t gotten a single update since somewhere around June/July. Highly likely their car is failing to download any updates and will be stuck until they can get into service(this has been a documented issue in the past).

Barring trying again, you could try restarting the car, if you haven't tried that. Under controls, there’s a screen that has a button saying something like “Power off”. Press that and shut everything down. Wait about 5 minutes and then press the brake.

Reactions: MelaniainLA

Not that it helps you anything, but this is not true. Tesla can (and do sometimes) remotely push updates. I've requested a firmware update at a Service Center to resolve phantom brakes, and although they did mention "consider this an exception", they did push the new firmware.

The service invoice (EUR 0,-) also stated that it is a one-time service. In other words 'Don't every ask us again'. In my case this was an actual safety issue and the issue was resolved with the update, so I suppose that is why they made an exception. Also, I was at the SeC for other reasons as well, so I didn't come in just to get the update.

What you can do is drive up to a service center and park the car. Make sure the car is connected to Tesla's SeC wifi and go for a walk. Car's connected to Tesla's WiFi seem to trigger an update more often than not.

I'm at 2018.28.5. I was advised by people on this thread that my software version is very old and that my car may have stopped receiving updates...
I am one that advised you to call. But you should not ask them to push it to your car. Assuming that is what you ask them to do. I would ask them to check my logs to determine if there is a problem with my car receiving updates. Not sure how close you are to a service center or ranger but that might be needed. If you just ask for the new firmware you will get the reply you got.

I am one that advised you to call. But you should not ask them to push it to your car. Assuming that is what you ask them to do. I would ask them to check my logs to determine if there is a problem with my car receiving updates. Not sure how close you are to a service center or ranger but that might be needed. If you just ask for the new firmware you will get the reply you got.

I didn't ask them to push it to my car, just asked for their opinion on if I have an issue. The representative said there's no issue and bought up the fact that they can't push it... I did ask about checking logs and I was advised that there is no issue...

Reactions: ironwaffle