Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.7 9736c9b

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my perf 3 at the Service Center with 36.4 and it was at 39.6 when I picked it up yesterday. I've had to reboot the console 3 times to "fix" audio after it goes wonky while playing from phone (Music, Spotify, Waze, Podcast, doesn't matter... they all are affected). It will play fine for a bit, then act like it's lost the Bluetooth stream. When the stream comes back, it often sounds like mono or L-R signal (tinny and shallow with mono signal). It almost sounds like there is a problem with the BT stream, and then the DSP goes belly up from miss-interpreted BT frames or something.

Some annoyances with the update:
  • Can't those that preferred the directions on the right have it in a preference ?
  • The trip list now has the last trip and since last charge listed first (yay !)
  • The trip list now also has magnetic "snap to" edges to guide the trip sections (yay !) but unfortunately they are now not able to be manually over-ridden to in between these magnetic sections. This means that the "Since 00:00" trip and the "since last charge" trips can't be scrolled up so that both are shown on screen together (WTH ???) Also, why on earth would you design the trip section size to be larger than the available window frame space so that the sections always are confusing with the name of one trip at the top and the name of the next trip on the bottom (it is visually a mess..)
  • Expected % left at nav destination is now only shown at the nav start ? I thought this used to be a preference but now it's just not possible ?
  • Radio signal seems far less as I'm unable to connect to the car outside my house anymore unless I am connected via WiFi (LTE always shows disconnected). I wonder if this is noise floor has changed in my neighborhood (it's certainly possible, although not super probably) or if this change is legit. If so, it may be affecting the BT mentioned as well.
Fingers crossed that .7 is pushed to my car soon and fixes at least the BT issue.

Do you mind me asking what software you use to monitor device traffic? Is it open source or paid?

Sure thing. Depending on how into it you are. A bunch of routers will let you see traffic.

I am lazy and went the easy route with google Wi-Fi.

I have gigabit with FIOS. I had horrible Wi-Fi in the garage and other parts of the house. So I went with the easiest setup. Google Wi-Fi has the monitor with the app.

The more advanced routers can see source and destination for each device. I didn’t care about all that.

My garage and all corners of my house get 250+ MB to the main GB router.

I even get around 100 MB outside at each corner of my property. Mesh Wi-Fi is pretty awesome.

Cool thing with google Wi-Fi is it will connect at 5ghz or 2.5ghz on the same SSID. I can roam my house and my phone or other devices just bounce off the closest hub at Max speed possible.

AC006DD1-9225-43D0-81BA-0BBD40DC444E.jpeg
Finally.

Reactions: Trebek1762
If you have Spotify, this is the best use of the browser I have found!
Posting here because I think it is a 9.0 software only thing but not sure how or why...
  1. Navigate to TesPlayer on your cars web browser.
  2. Click the login button
  3. Login to Spotify.
  4. Start playing some music on your phone's Spotify app.
  5. Wait for playlists to load.
  6. Tap on any playlist to switch what is playing on your phone.
743C76BE-3303-40F0-AF93-392CB5F80D73.jpeg 8E0A0700-FBF2-4D76-BA90-F7574AC968FB.jpeg

You can use tomato firmware on many home routers.. it gives you traffic data for each device

See my post above, that is using Ubiquiti AC Pro system.
Need their USG (Security Gateway) it gives all kinds of stats, Deep Packet Inspectione, etc.
You also either need the "Controller Software" runningbon a PC or Mac.
I later moved the "Contoller" to the Cloud Key which required some readingnon the Forum.
Warning they aren't always the easiest to set up. Have to sh things from a Terminal, so if your not good at Googling your Research you may get frustrated.

I have:
1 Cloud Key (remote access) & can be the "Controller"
1 USG (needed for best Stats, DPI)
5 AC Pro APs (Access Points)
2 APs are Wired Ethernet
2 APs are Wired Ethernet thru a MoCa (works thru Coax with my Cable Modem)
1 AP in my Garage for Car 4&5 is a Wireless connected (like a Mesh Network works sort of)

Web Interface

Screenshot_20181013-094117_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181013-094346_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
It's just you!

Not really, it's you and exactly 86,752 other people who have complained about this. I've been counting.

I always have Navigation up so it doesn't bother me at all.
I always agree that people should "bitch" online otherwise the voice is never heard...
But I wonder if it has to do with Processing Power??? If the Navigation needs to be running for Drive on Navigation, etc...??? Just a thought

V9, 39.7 review.
I've only had my M3 back for two days, had a loaner with AP1 for the last couple weeks.
The rendering of vehicles in adjacent lanes is very nice and quite reliable, there are far more vehicle types shown than were mentioned on the forums, in addition to cars there are: vans, cargo vans, small semis, large semis, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, suvs and probably more. The identification of "type" for actual cars is more accurate than for non-cars.

AP's behavior is far more sophisticated than it was in prior releases. Lanes are drawn with more accurate curvature and update more quickly, in cases where lines are missing or obscured AP is far quicker to lose confidence whereas prior to this update there was a sense that AP was just guessing and hoping for the best in these scenarios, especially AP1. V9 also recognizes vehicles when they are farther away and the zoomed out perspective on the screen does a better job of approximating the 50mm equivalent focal length of the human eye providing easier correlation between inside and outside objects. Prior versions had a longer simulated focal length resulting in the screen depictions feeling narrow and cramped.

Auto lane change is very nice in the Model 3, you just push the blinker all the way down and that's it, no need to move the blinker back to the neutral position, if there are cars near you while lane changing it changes speed to find a gap, though as noted up thread it is too biased toward slowing down rather than speeding up. The lane changes themselves are perfect, very smooth and confident though it aborted once when I went through an intersection before the lane change had completed (don't tell anyone) when it aborted it displayed a message saying lane change aborted.
Despite missing the headline feature, this update is a huge step forward in terms of capability. While prior versions of AP were just solid implementations of lane-keeping, V9 is *far* more context aware, far more intelligent in how it negotiates traffic and in how it communicates those negotiations to the driver.

What I would like to see in future updates is:
1. Speed limit sign recognition or more accurate speed limit databases, AP1 does a much better job of this.
2. Object persistence to prevent vehicles from changing from van to SUV and back etc.
3. Physics based vehicle motion to prevent the "floaty" motion of displayed vehicles. The camera in the b-pillar seems to have difficulty tracking the motion of vehicles to the side your car smoothly.
4. Better high-res maps integration to reduce lane hunting in cases of poor/missing lane lines.
5. Of course drive on nav... and FSD.

So far really impressed with the update! it's easy to see a path from here to highway FSD.

Tested v9 today:

- AP itself is pretty much the same as it was in 36.2 (it was pretty good already).
- on autosteer, the car starts slower than in 36.2 on a traffic light (behind another car). Much slower :(
- speed is still limited for autosteer on local roads (speed limit +10km/h).
- lane change feature is simply amazing now. Allowed now on local roads and on very slow speeds. Now it's even possible to autochange lane just before stopped traffic on a traffic light! It's not perfect on very slow speed (like 30km/h) resulting in cancellation sometimes. And it's just perfect on faster speeds. On highways it feels "smarter" than before.

With this new auto lane change I can already feel that FSD is coming!

Well, you can not do auto lane change into opposite lane. It's just not available (the lane border does not appear on the screen in this case - same as on a freeway or if a lane marking is solid).
If that's the case, then this proves a huge progress in the contextual awareness of the new autopilot. Means v9 is technically a much bigger leap towards FSD than the difference in actual features.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
That was there before. Starting with 2018
10.4 it recognized solid lines and refused to lane change.
Recognizing a solid line is easy. 10.4 has no contextual awareness. There are lots of local roads where I couldn't change lanes, because AP was hardcoded to only allow lane change on whitelisted roads that are known to have multiple lanes.

The system actually understanding what lane you're in, what lanes you should be able to change into, which lanes are HOV, which lanes are opposite, and what lanes you may exit highway to is a huge software leap.