Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting a general discussion thread for this version. So version 9 is finally being pushed to the fleet, currently version 2018.39.5.

Some additional official info from Tesla can be found here:
Discover Software Version 9.0

And here:
Introducing Software Version 9.0

Anxiously awaiting my update!!! I really wish we had the ability to force our cars to check for an update.
Any word on when everyone will get it? My 3 doesn't have it yet and it's whining at me.

Alright, a quick update. Some observations from a very brief drive from today:

- the dash cam button is actually in the upper right quadrant of the screen - next to HomeLink. VERY easy to accidentally hit the save button when trying to access your HomeLink

- the energy use graph (main left screen) has reordered the trip stats. The top is stats since last drive, next is since last charge, and the last two are Trip A and Trip B - wayyyy better than the reverse which was in last version

- my web browser doesn’t load any pages - just a blank screen no matter what URL - it worked before just after the update but now it doesn’t load any pages. Perhaps I need to do a reboot (haven’t since I owned the car)

And here’s the “360” blind spot monitoring. Note that I don’t have EAP or FSD.
92B3B728-D8B6-4B2A-AF00-96F1004C9DC9.jpeg

Two things about the above:
1. There’s no audible alert when the red line appears - I wish there was as I’m not always staring at this rendering
2. In left hand turns, I’ve notice it renders vehicles in the oncoming lane as driving through me - kind of a weird bug

Alright, a quick update. Some observations from a very brief drive from today:

- the dash cam button is actually in the upper right quadrant of the screen - next to HomeLink. VERY easy to accidentally hit the save button when trying to access your HomeLink

- the energy use graph (main left screen) has reordered the trip stats. The top is stats since last drive, next is since last charge, and the last two are Trip A and Trip B - wayyyy better than the reverse which was in last version

- my web browser doesn’t load any pages - just a blank screen no matter what URL - it worked before just after the update but now it doesn’t load any pages. Perhaps I need to do a reboot (haven’t since I owned the car)

And here’s the “360” blind spot monitoring. Note that I don’t have EAP or FSD.
View attachment 341525

Two things about the above:
1. There’s no audible alert when the red line appears - I wish there was as I’m not always staring at this rendering
2. In left hand turns, I’ve notice it renders vehicles in the oncoming lane as driving through me - kind of a weird bug
Please tell me the update doesnt reset your energy usage stats... i want to keep my lifetime usage info

I’m confused on what you are saying? There have been zero installs of 39.5 today and hundreds of 39.6 on Model S and X without one single model 3.

Just looking at data, it’s clear nothing is rolling to 3s widely.

Read the post I quoted above.

There are folks who have received the update for the Model 3. Just because TeslaFi says there are no installs, it doesn't mean it's the gospel truth.

• Love
Reactions: McFlurri
Musk said the software update to the old MCU will “make a big difference”
Comments?

MCU1 owner: It is definitely more responsive overall but it's hard to tell why. Actually the biggest improvement is getting rid of the slide-up/slide-down disappearing nav bar that 8.0 introduced -- that animation was always ridiculously slow on MCU1 but it was the thing you needed to do to launch another app.

It won't make your MCU1 feel like a MCU2 but definitely more improvement compared to that overrated update that was supposed to improve responsiveness.

Well at this point I don’t expect an update for my 3 until Monday at the earliest. Unless Tesla is actively working on getting it pushed out to 3’s on a Sunday, but I’m not going to hold my breath.