Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, a quick update. Some observations from a very brief drive from today:

- the dash cam button is actually in the upper right quadrant of the screen - next to HomeLink. VERY easy to accidentally hit the save button when trying to access your HomeLink

- the energy use graph (main left screen) has reordered the trip stats. The top is stats since last drive, next is since last charge, and the last two are Trip A and Trip B - wayyyy better than the reverse which was in last version

- my web browser doesn’t load any pages - just a blank screen no matter what URL - it worked before just after the update but now it doesn’t load any pages. Perhaps I need to do a reboot (haven’t since I owned the car)

And here’s the “360” blind spot monitoring. Note that I don’t have EAP or FSD.
View attachment 341525

Two things about the above:
1. There’s no audible alert when the red line appears - I wish there was as I’m not always staring at this rendering
2. In left hand turns, I’ve notice it renders vehicles in the oncoming lane as driving through me - kind of a weird bug

The alert is such an easy thing to add it’s odd that it’s missing. There should be s setting for alert sounds or not, perhaps Tesla thought it was a Mute point with everyone using drive on Nav which got pulled.

3CFE53A0-6AC9-44D1-97D4-CFFE7C9B509F.png
Do you have the latest app (3.6)? There is an inbox in the app - it's a little hidden, so not obvious. There are 2 messages in the inbox - one stating there is now an inbox and the 2nd about v9.
Yes I’m on 3.6. Only one message for me.

I received two emails Friday, a minute apart. One is for the ModelS and the other for a Model3.
The information is slightly different. I don’t own a ModelS. Still waiting on V9

1156d219-dcd3-42b8-8c08-269c2c83e84c.png

Introducing Software Version 9.0—designed for a faster, more intuitive driver experience. Here’s a brief overview of other important updates:
  • The instrument panel now displays a 360-degree view of surrounding cars, with better blind spot monitoring
  • The Tesla App can now connect with your car to control media, send destinations and start software updates
  • The new application launcher allows you to access all your apps in one place
  • Navigation provides more insight into upcoming turns—including highway exit information
FULL DETAILS
To receive these updates as quickly as possible, make sure your car is connected to WiFi. As a Tesla owner, your driving experience will only get better over time: every Model S, Model X and Model 3 on the road will r
Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304
Privacy Policy

open.aspx

collect

1156d219-dcd3-42b8-8c08-269c2c83e84c.png

Introducing Software Version 9.0—designed for a faster, more intuitive driver experience. Here’s a brief overview of other important updates:
  • 3 new apps: Browser (with Premium Connectivity), Calendar and Energy
  • The center display provides a 360-degree view of surrounding cars, with better blind spot monitoring
  • The Tesla App can now connect with your car to control media, send destinations and start software updates
  • The new application launcher allows you to access all your apps in one place
  • Navigation provides more insight into upcoming turns—including highway exit information
FULL DETAILS
To receive these updates as quickly as possible, make sure your car is connected to WiFi. As a Tesla owner, your driving experience will only get better over time: every Model S, Model X and Model 3 on the road will receive new features and improvements from Software Version 9.0.

Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304
Privacy Policy
open.aspx

collect

Awesome. You can also check by looking at the bottom of the mobile app, where your vin and mileage are at.

Sorry to get everyone excited. Don’t know what that software update was but I dont see any major changes to my screen. Is there anyway to see what the last update was for my car?
I read you need to be in WiFi. Only thing is I’m not
certain about that and have to leave car and go to
work. Oh well, have to see about all this later.

Sorry to get everyone excited. Don’t know what that software update was but I dont see any major changes to my screen. Is there anyway to see what the last update was for my car?
I read you need to be in WiFi. Only thing is I’m not
certain about that and have to leave car and go to
work. Oh well, have to see about all this later.
Go into the Tesla App and scroll to the bottom. It will show your current SW version.

I got the email about this update two days ago (Oct 5th). My car is connected to wifi, but nothing updated so far. My mobile app has been updated a while ago and has message in the inbox about this v9 update which came on Oct 5th too.

Not sure why there is still a delay.

Checked TeslaFi and a 3 in Texas just had their software rolled back from 39.6 to 36.2.

Not a good sign for us 3's, wondering if the speculation that there is an issue with V9 for 3's is correct and that is why it is only going to S and X vehicles for now.

Edit: Looks like an X just had the software rolled back to 36.2 as well...hopefully it is a one off situation and not an issue with V9.

Checked TeslaFi and a 3 in Texas just had their software rolled back from 39.6 to 36.2.

Not a good sign for us 3's, wondering if the speculation that there is an issue with V9 for 3's is correct and that is why it is only going to S and X vehicles for now.

Edit: Looks like an X just had the software rolled back to 36.2 as well...hopefully it is a one off situation and not an issue with V9.
now two 3's rolled back, although neither of them showed up in the filtered list before. I've not seen 39.6 in the Model 3 list at all so far.
Also, the total number of Model 3 in their system seems to be pretty fluid. Friday it was 778-ish, yesterday I saw 802, now its 794.
Either way, there is obviously something amiss with this release on Model 3 - very sad.
I was looking forward to playing lunar lander while charging.