Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked earlier, but I think it got missed. Does anyone have any idea how to tell visually if the heat is on in the new UI? It no longer seems to show the orange coloring for heat like the pre-V9 builds did (even if I crank the temp way up).
I'd like to know this as well. Would be nice if you could tell without even opening the climate panel (ie, have the fan button turn red vs blue) but it appears as though there's no way to tell at all now.
Layout works for me but Navigation has taken a turn for worse.

It no longer zooms in as needed. I suspect it will get fixed in future releases but for now it’s a step backwards.
I've noticed that if you pull down on the bottom of the navigation directions window it zooms out to show the entire route, and will stay that way until you drag it back up. When it's collapsed it only shows the next turn and zooms back in. Maybe you somehow got stuck on the overview.

I'd like to know this as well. Would be nice if you could tell without even opening the climate panel (ie, have the fan button turn red vs blue) but it appears as though there's no way to tell at all now.

I've noticed that if you pull down on the bottom of the navigation directions window it zooms out to show the entire route, and will stay that way until you drag it back up. When it's collapsed it only shows the next turn and zooms back in. Maybe you somehow got stuck on the overview.

Yeah, all I've seen so far is that if you slide your finger left or right on the fan icon (without pressing it to open the panel) it will show you a temp slider while you drag your finger. That slider has a subtle color gradient on it that goes from blue to orange, but it's very hard to see and I'm sure the heat turns on before I get to the darker orange on the gradient. I'm just not sure if this is a bug I should report or if it's by design that the climate panel only shows blue when you open it.

Reactions: CoolSilver
My car was at the service yesterday, I asked them previously if they could update to V9 and they said no, if the car is not yet marked for update, there's nothing they can do. So, yesterday I got it back as V8, but today morning it already had V9!

Just rode to work and was quite impressed with all vehicles identified around me, however they were all shaking left to right for some reason and one SUV in front of me was identified as delivery truck, it then moved to the left lane and stayed a delivery truck. Only when it was at the same level with me, it became an SUV on the picture. Not that big either, I was puzzled by it.

I got this reply this morning from Tesla. They are pormising to complete the updates by Saturday evening. We'll se...

Subject: RE: Software Update question
Date: October 12, 2018 at 8:24:30 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Software Version 9.0 has been rolling out in batches throughout the past 7 days. We expect this roll-out to be completed by tomorrow evening and apologize for the delay.

As a reminder, please make sure your vehicle is connected to WiFi, so the update can be received and downloaded.

Best Regards,
Tesla Team

I got this reply this morning from Tesla. They are pormising to complete the updates by Saturday evening. We'll se...

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Software Version 9.0 has been rolling out in batches throughout the past 7 days. We expect this roll-out to be completed by tomorrow evening and apologize for the delay.

As a reminder, please make sure your vehicle is connected to WiFi, so the update can be received and downloaded.

Best Regards,
Tesla Team

Nice! (If true...)

Based on the sample size of TeslaFi, it has a margin of error of 2.3% with a 99% confidence level. Their statistics are significantly better than almost every poll conducted (and I'm not referring to just Tesla polls).
The math only works if your sample is representative of the overall population. But I doubt that is the case here. I suspect enthusiasts with more expensive models are over-repesented on Teslafi.

The math only works if your sample is representative of the overall population. But I doubt that is the case here. I suspect enthusiasts with more expensive models are over-repesented on Teslafi.

Funny how you quote the second part of my post but cut out the fact most of the Model 3 on TeslaFi are RWD:

Model3310 - 585
Model3310D - 309

65% RWD.

There are now 84 Model 3 listed on TeslaFi on 39.7, of those only 3 are VINs below 30k and only 6 below 50k.

If you don't trust the formulas and believe the margin of error closer to 5% than 2.3%, that's fine. The discrepancy is significant that it is mathematically impossible for it to be skewed by an "over-representation" of the enthusiasts who can afford the $5 per month for TeslaFi.

How can you tell what version of M3 is getting the update on teslafi? Do you need to be a paying subscriber to see that detail?

On the software page, you can click on "Latest Fleet Updates." On that page it will show if the car was Model3310D or Model3310. It does not differentiate between P and non-P. I don't know if you need to subscribe or not to see that screen.

2018-10-12.png

Hello,

Best Regards,
Tesla Team

I pity the Tesla employees who need to respond to these inquiries...

Funny how you quote the second part of my post but cut out the fact most of the Model 3 on TeslaFi are RWD:

Model3310 - 585
Model3310D - 309

65% RWD.
What percentage of all Model 3s sold are RWD?
There are now 84 Model 3 listed on TeslaFi on 39.7, of those only 3 are VINs below 30k and only 6 below 50k.
What percentage of the VINs over 50k are RWD cars? And 84 seems like a tiny sample size. There could be many more that have received the update command from Tesla but aren't downloading yet because they aren't on Wifi, or the owners simply aren't in a hurry to update.

On the software page, you can click on "Latest Fleet Updates." On that page it will show if the car was Model3310D or Model3310. It does not differentiate between P and non-P. I don't know if you need to subscribe or not to see that screen.

But is that only after logging in? This is the link I've been using: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker Everything else requires me to log in but I don't subscribe to it.

Hhhm I’ll try that.

As I’m sure you know, the old layout allowed you to select a direction/auto in upper right.

Even with entire route selected it would zoom in when you got close to a direction change. V9 still has that but It no longer zooms when approaching a direction change (or at least I haven’t found it). Times that I would pinch in, it still zoomed out.

Heh, this is only the 4th time I’ve ever charged to 100% in 6 1/2 months of ownership. I always charge to 100% when I’ve got a road trip that is 250+ miles.

Did you note the miles when at 100%? I'm the same, rarely charge to 100% but when I did it was noticebly less than previously done when new 4 months ago. Trying to see if it's expected reduction (~12% less) or out of norms.

Thanks

What percentage of all Model 3s sold are RWD?
What percentage of the VINs over 50k are RWD cars? And 84 seems like a tiny sample size. There could be many more that have received the update command from Tesla but aren't downloading yet because they aren't on Wifi, or the owners simply aren't in a hurry to update.

According to Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) | Twitter, it looks like they started registering AWD VINs on June 28th. The last batch of VINs prior to AWD ended at 54003. Since then, the batches have been around 70-80% AWD. As of the 130,000 registered to date, roughly 55,000 are AWD (42%) [back of the envelope calculation].

As TeslaFi reports the updates, it differentiates between D and non-D (doesn't differentiate between P and non-P) which has been virtually all 310D (as you can see from the picture in post 594). Unfortunately, when it lists all the vehicles on a certain update - it only shows the VIN but not the model type (only says "3")

84 is a tiny number, but it is not a "sample" as it is the number of respondents having 39.7 of the sample which is 933. According to my math skills, 3 & 6 are much smaller numbers than the tiny 84.