Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And that's what I love about it!
Heated wheel memory sounds great, but does it come with asbestos gloves? I can never leave mine on because it gets uncomfortably hot.

Hunk, maybe Tesla can make this multi level, 3-2-1 just like the seats. I would love it to go full blast for 1 minute to warm up and then throttle down to say 33-66% to maintain a warm but not hot temp.

Should be doable with some sort of software control, evening pulsing it on a duty cycle would do the trick.

Hunk, maybe Tesla can make this multi level, 3-2-1 just like the seats. I would love it to go full blast for 1 minute to warm up and then throttle down to say 33-66% to maintain a warm but not hot temp.

Should be doable with some sort of software control, evening pulsing it on a duty cycle would do the trick.

Exactly! If that were adjustable then I would leave it on all winter.

Moderator note: Moved a few posts discussing common (cross-model) discussions of things like software into a new thread in "Site Feedback":

Call for cross-model forum(s)

It's not the first time this topic has come up, and IMHO worthy of some discussion / action.

Note that moderators don't have the ability to create new forums / sub-forums, only the site admins do.

Back to 2018.4.1...

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
In a quick look within TMC, I don't see this discussed ... does Tesla "pull back" FW updates ever? I got notice either 6 or 7 Feb a new update was available. I was out of the country, so I didn't get a chance to reach my MX and install until yesterday (10-Feb). Update is nowhere to be found. I suspect the notification I got via the app was for 2018.4.1. During the time between when I received notification and got to my MX, 2018.4.5 & 2018.4.7 started showing up on ev-fw.com. My guess is that if I have not yet installed an update before another comes out (especially an incremental bug-fix), Tesla removed the older update for my car and I go back in the queue for another download. Can anyone confirm?

This brings up another question: do people enter the install data on ev-fw.com as the date they received notification of the update, or the date they installed?

2018.4.5 Sticky heated steering wheel is actuality a nuisance for me. I live in N. California, going to work early in the morning I have to manually turn it on. Going home in the afternoon, the temp. is warmer, now I have to manually turn it off. Versus before upgrade I don’t have to.

Why can Tesla automatically turn on the seat(s) and steering wheel based on external temperature if it’s at or below your settings

Can I warm my steering wheel before going in from the app?

Not yet. Control of the seats and wheel from the app has been a frequent request, and it's only a firmware update away - when Tesla has a little time for something besides Autopilot.

Guess what just happened, only ten months later? (2018.48 and app version 3.8 allow heated seats and steering wheel to be individually set during preconditioning from the phone app.)