Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've received ~5 updates since I took delivery.

One borked my air suspension.

And this one just ... doesn't work. (It got pushed to me last night. Why are they still pushing it when the failure rate is so high? Makes no sense.)

Love my Tesla, but pulled my recommendation to family to get one now. It's still too early.

IMG_1139.jpg

I think I've received ~5 updates since I took delivery.

One borked my air suspension.

And this one just ... doesn't work. (It got pushed to me last night. Why are they still pushing it when the failure rate is so high? Makes no sense.)

Love my Tesla, but pulled my recommendation to family to get one now. It's still too early.

View attachment 278956

In 13.5 months I've gotten about 25 updates. Not one has had an issue. AP2.5 is the root of your issues as Tesla has too many hardware configurations and AP2.5 is not meant to get this side camera repeater NN as AP2.5 has color repeater cams and AP2 has grayscale+red channel only. 2018.4.1 didn't even go to 2.5 but it seems this one is and I don't think it is going well (like the air suspension issue which was also only AP2.5 cars).

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting on 50.3 and hoping the next update with steering wheel heat memory hits my car as its going to snow pretty much continuously for the next 72 hours here in Chitown.

Reactions: scottf200
AP2.5 is the root of your issues

The funny thing about my car... it should have been an AP2.5 car given build date (September 2017) but the API reports that it's a 2.0 car.

Code:
"option_codes"=>"AF02,APF1,APH2,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,...

BUT, I keep getting updates that are supposedly 2.5 only, had the air suspension problem, had AEB disabled when I got the car, this failed update thing, etc.

More about the weirdness about my car (2.0 or 2.5) in this thread: HW2.5 - maybe build date heuristic is wrong...

I haven't taken anything apart, so I am no further down the road in figuring out what is really going on than when that thread happened. :(

Last edited:
Yuppers, 0 for 4 tries. I was parked in a concrete garage and was thinking it was not getting it right so was failing. Came to the forums to find out I wsn't alone.

Tried it at home connected to WiFi, 4th failure so I'll just wait. Doesn't look like a big deal update.

Yuppers, 0 for 4 tries. I was parked in a concrete garage and was thinking it was not getting it right so was failing. Came to the forums to find out I wsn't alone.

Tried it at home connected to WiFi, 4th failure so I'll just wait. Doesn't look like a big deal update.
How did you get 4 tries? Mine didn’t give me a second chance after it failed (just told me to wait for them to push it again).

How did you get 4 tries? Mine didn’t give me a second chance after it failed (just told me to wait for them to push it again).

Not sure. After each 'try', I was allowed to reschedule a short time later from the clock icon. The last time I had connected to home WiFi. I can only assume each time it did get a new copy. After that failure, the clock hasn't returned, so we'll see...

Not sure. After each 'try', I was allowed to reschedule a short time later from the clock icon. The last time I had connected to home WiFi. I can only assume each time it did get a new copy. After that failure, the clock hasn't returned, so we'll see...

That's not how updates work. If you're presented with the option to install the update (or the yellow clock icon), its already been downloaded AND verified as complete by your car. You're only allowing it to shut itself down and install the update and then test its systems. It will always say a long period of time but usually takes 25-40 minutes.

I wonder if they will ever going to release a setting where while driving you can pick and choose to activate auto steering or auto cruise control or both. You can't do auto steering w/o having to activate auto cruise control

I wonder if they will ever going to release a setting where while driving you can pick and choose to activate auto steering or auto cruise control or both. You can't do auto steering w/o having to activate auto cruise control
You can set it to a low speed and step on it... steering will keep going but it wont brake or accelerate for you... but yea manual braking will turn off autosteer but stepping on go pedal will not

• Informative
Reactions: smilepak
In 13.5 months I've gotten about 25 updates. Not one has had an issue. AP2.5 is the root of your issues as Tesla has too many hardware configurations and AP2.5 is not meant to get this side camera repeater NN as AP2.5 has color repeater cams and AP2 has grayscale+red channel only. 2018.4.1 didn't even go to 2.5 but it seems this one is and I don't think it is going well (like the air suspension issue which was also only AP2.5 cars).

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting on 50.3 and hoping the next update with steering wheel heat memory hits my car as its going to snow pretty much continuously for the next 72 hours here in Chitown.
Curious whats a side camera repeater? They replaced the "left front repeater" on my AP2.5 car and I have no idea what that is.
Cruise Control Disabled?