TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software update 2018.4.5

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mazeminder, Feb 7, 2018.

1. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

You posted the release notes for 2018.4.1 (or at least that's what your car was running in the first screenshot). Note this thread is about 2018.4.5. Did you post to the wrong thread?

Bruce.

• Funny x 1
  2. RandyR

RandyR Member

Our S90D installed the 2018.4.5 update without a problem yesterday afternoon.

3. PatrickCH4313

PatrickCH4313 Member

First time since 3.3.2016 as Tesla Model S owner !

• Like x 1
  4. H.Aulakoski

H.Aulakoski Member

Failed to install the update for Model S P100D AP2.5 vin 216xxx from 2018.2. Tried many times but no lucky.

• Like x 1
  5. ILLCOMM

ILLCOMM Member

I think I've received ~5 updates since I took delivery.

One borked my air suspension.

And this one just ... doesn't work. (It got pushed to me last night. Why are they still pushing it when the failure rate is so high? Makes no sense.)

Love my Tesla, but pulled my recommendation to family to get one now. It's still too early.

IMG_1139.jpg

6. croman

croman Active Member

In 13.5 months I've gotten about 25 updates. Not one has had an issue. AP2.5 is the root of your issues as Tesla has too many hardware configurations and AP2.5 is not meant to get this side camera repeater NN as AP2.5 has color repeater cams and AP2 has grayscale+red channel only. 2018.4.1 didn't even go to 2.5 but it seems this one is and I don't think it is going well (like the air suspension issue which was also only AP2.5 cars).

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting on 50.3 and hoping the next update with steering wheel heat memory hits my car as its going to snow pretty much continuously for the next 72 hours here in Chitown.

• Like x 1
  7. ILLCOMM

ILLCOMM Member

#47 ILLCOMM, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    The funny thing about my car... it should have been an AP2.5 car given build date (September 2017) but the API reports that it's a 2.0 car.

Code:
    "option_codes"=>"AF02,APF1,APH2,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,...
    BUT, I keep getting updates that are supposedly 2.5 only, had the air suspension problem, had AEB disabled when I got the car, this failed update thing, etc.

More about the weirdness about my car (2.0 or 2.5) in this thread: HW2.5 - maybe build date heuristic is wrong...

I haven't taken anything apart, so I am no further down the road in figuring out what is really going on than when that thread happened. :(

8. chispas

chispas Supporting Member

How do you know that?

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Yuppers, 0 for 4 tries. I was parked in a concrete garage and was thinking it was not getting it right so was failing. Came to the forums to find out I wsn't alone.

Tried it at home connected to WiFi, 4th failure so I'll just wait. Doesn't look like a big deal update.

10. Scott_K

Scott_K Member

How did you get 4 tries? Mine didn’t give me a second chance after it failed (just told me to wait for them to push it again).

11. croman

croman Active Member

TeslaFi. ev-fw does not break down 2.0 vs. 2.5 but TeslaFi does. Plus its become common knowledge that 4.1 wasn't going to AP 2.5 cars but, for some unknown reason, 4.5 is going to 2.5 cars (but with spotty success).

upload_2018-2-8_18-3-32.png

• Informative x 2
  12. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Not sure. After each 'try', I was allowed to reschedule a short time later from the clock icon. The last time I had connected to home WiFi. I can only assume each time it did get a new copy. After that failure, the clock hasn't returned, so we'll see...

13. croman

croman Active Member

That's not how updates work. If you're presented with the option to install the update (or the yellow clock icon), its already been downloaded AND verified as complete by your car. You're only allowing it to shut itself down and install the update and then test its systems. It will always say a long period of time but usually takes 25-40 minutes.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I wonder if they will ever going to release a setting where while driving you can pick and choose to activate auto steering or auto cruise control or both. You can't do auto steering w/o having to activate auto cruise control

15. Exiom

Exiom Member

You can set it to a low speed and step on it... steering will keep going but it wont brake or accelerate for you... but yea manual braking will turn off autosteer but stepping on go pedal will not

• Informative x 1
  16. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

This update has greatly improved many of the hill crests and troughs on Autopilot.... 100% my best update thus far. Neat to see the incremental improvements coalesce

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. Tesmotorfaqcom

I spoke with service center today and they told me there is a glitch on rated miles which should be fix with this software update.

18. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

Curious whats a side camera repeater? They replaced the "left front repeater" on my AP2.5 car and I have no idea what that is.
    Cruise Control Disabled?

19. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Exciting! What were you on before?

20. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode