Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More intrigue.

Out of curiosity I called the the API another time and guess what ... the codes have changed!

Previous result:

Code:
"option_codes"=>"AF02,APF1,APH2,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX5,CDM0,CH05,CW02,DCF0,DRLH,DSH5,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR04,HC00,HP00,IDCF,INBPP,IX00,LLP1,LP01,MDLS,ME02,MI01,PF00,PI01,PK00,PPSW,PS01,PX00,QTPP,RENA,RFFG,S32P,SC05,SP00,SR07,ST01,SU01,TM00,TR00,UTAB,WTSG,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,X043,YFCC,COUS"

Current result:

Code:
"option_codes"=>"AF02,APF1,APH3,APPB,AU01,BCMB,BP00,BR00,BS00,BTX5,CDM0,CH05,CW02,DCF0,DRLH,DSH5,DU00,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR04,HC00,HP00,IDCF,INBPP,IX00,LLP1,LP01,MDLS,ME02,MI01,PF00,PI01,PK00,PPSW,PS01,PX00,QTPP,RENA,RFFG,S32P,SC05,SP00,SR07,ST01,SU01,TM00,TR00,UTAB,WTSG,X001,X003,X007,X011,X014,X021,X025,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,X043,YFCC,COUS"

Color me *extremely* confused.
May be 2018.4.5 firmware updated the car data !

I'm in the same boat as @ILLCOMM. API used to show my car as 2.0 and at some point it changed to 2.5. I'm *not* yet on 2018.4.5.

No way! Thank goodness someone else can corroborate. Although I saved the data the last time I called the API so I know I am right, I figured folks would claim I made this up.

BTW, I am still on 2017.50.3. I don't know what update failed for me a couple days ago, but I assume it was 2018.4.5.

• Informative
Reactions: lunitiks
2018.4 update + app update seems to add automatic seat heaters and turn on all cold weather functions during preheating when cold.

Wish they added a way to opt the individual features off in app Settings though. Not that it matters much connected, but when disconnected it may be a waste of range if not needed.

2018.4 update + app update seems to add automatic seat heaters and turn on all cold weather functions during preheating when cold.

Wish they added a way to opt the individual features off in app Settings though. Not that it matters much connected, but when disconnected it may be a waste of range if not needed.
Said this elsewhere.... I don't get it at all.. why do you want the windshield warmed up or steering wheel, when all you really want is the cabin heated (air) and the battery? I never run the steering wheel heat for more than a few minutes. And which seats does it do, the driver only? :D Need to check this out when we all get 2018.4.x

The iOS/Android updates that are following 2018.4 say they allow you to turn on defrosting. However, this is false. They turn on automatically, like the battery heater. What is updated is now you can see the status of defrosting and a subtle UI hint for the defrosters (subtle red tint).

Ignore the fact that it's warm inside my car, I forced the app to show these.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.PNG
    IMG_0012.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0010.PNG
    IMG_0010.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 112
Automatic wipers are relatively new for cars with AP2 hardware. Cars with AP1 hardware have always had this (and don’t have that setting). Not sure about pre-AP cars. From your VIN I’m guessing you’re in one of latter two categories.

Bruce.

I’m glad you posted this. I have AP 1 and wondered why auto wipers were so exciting to everyone. I didn’t realize AP 2 didn’t have them. Surprised it took so long.

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing
2018.4.1 onwards has had the best behaving braking in stop-start traffic I've ever experienced. Previously I had to leave the car distance setting to 7 otherwise it would always pull up gradually and at some stage brake too hard in a very unnatural way. Now at setting 1 I can even tailgate and it can pull up in the smoothest fashion ever. Probably still shy of what a decent driver can achieve but substantial progress.

2018.4.1 onwards has had the best behaving braking in stop-start traffic I've ever experienced. Previously I had to leave the car distance setting to 7 otherwise it would always pull up gradually and at some stage brake too hard in a very unnatural way. Now at setting 1 I can even tailgate and it can pull up in the smoothest fashion ever. Probably still shy of what a decent driver can achieve but substantial progress.
Totally agreed. I see noticeable control algorithm improvements. Not convinced there’s any recognition changes since 2018.2 but definitely it seems to use its data a lot better.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Total speculation but I am wondering whether there exists a batch of cars with 2.0 and 2.5 parts. My car was definitively produced after cars with confirmed AP2.5, yet the API responds APH2. Is it possible that they ran out of some AP2.5 components somewhere along the way (I am guessing the CPU/GPU behind the dash), wired the rest of the car with 2.5 parts (cameras, radar, new redundant relays, all the stuff that would be much harder to upgrade later), but used a 2.0 CPU/GPU. That would explain 1) the API responding with APH2 and, 2) the weirdness with a small batch of HW2 cars that get (supposedly) HW2.5 only updates and then seem to have problems (suspension, update failing install, etc).

Grasping at straws here, but... given how young Tesla's supply chain and manufacturing are and given how much they need to hit EOQ goals, it's 100% plausible something like this happened.
Not very unlikely that there are "hybrid" 2.0/2.5's out there, @ILLCOMM. See this post, and note that the invoice reads: "Reviewed vehicle logs and recommend the left front repeater replacement"
Cruise Control Disabled?

(Did he have a 2.0 side repeater before?)

2018.4.7 is going only to AP2.5 so far. Make of it what you will. I think Tesla is finally getting serious about this side repeater NN and is attempting to actually get it working. I am really unsure why they are so ham fisted about these things because EAP/FSD rollout just seems clumsy and slow to me.