Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are u @croman insinuating that the repeater NN will only work with 2.5?

No, I think the feature probably has worked in 2.0 or is working better in 2.0 but they won't roll it out to us "dated" 2.0 owners until it also works with 2.5.

The switch to 2.5, if it does involve color side repeaters (not sure this is 100% confirmed), indicates to me that any development has to be delayed as compared to 2.0.

Though @jimmy_d indicated it was not difficult to harmonize the data from a color cam and the 2.0 cams (I think I asked a while back and haven't searched for it).

The firmware iterative rollout just seems telling to me. From 4.1 (2.0 only) to 4.5 (failures in install) to 4.7 (so far 2.5 only). Clearly they are working on one feature and attempting to get it to work across hardware platforms. I don't see another reasonable way to interpret the tea leaves but I am just guessing.

what's up with the release numbers?
It's now week 06

I assume there is not a proper WK6 build available yet; so they are patching the Wk4 build still.
Somewhat unedifying.

This is just another minor update of the original 2018.4 release to address issues with the current build during the current scrum development cycle. Once they hit the next scrum cycle, the build week will increment to 6 or 8.

We use the same versioning where I work. If we have unscheduled fixes between releases, we only increment the last number.

• Love
Reactions: Joe F
They do a couple of weeks of extensive, in-depth testing on the version release, so the date lags behind.

Sorry, my attempt at humor...;)
24bmct.jpg

2018.4.7 is going only to AP2.5 so far. Make of it what you will. I think Tesla is finally getting serious about this side repeater NN and is attempting to actually get it working. I am really unsure why they are so ham fisted about these things because EAP/FSD rollout just seems clumsy and slow to me.

That’s an indication of bold top down direction (Elon) without Good middle management. Could be wrong though.

I'm guessing critical fixes for those on 4.x. Seems like those on 4.x got the 4.7 very quickly. Whereas I'm still on 50.3.
Yeah that sure seems like how it goes. Once you get on the early build rollercoaster, you get to ride it until the next wide rollout. Then it is back to the lottery.

I got 2018.2, then 2018.4.5. This is literally the first time I wasn’t stuck on the last wide release until the new one has gone out to 95% — I was pissed about being on 2017.28 when 2017.38 was starting to roll out!

Yeah that sure seems like how it goes. Once you get on the early build rollercoaster, you get to ride it until the next wide rollout. Then it is back to the lottery.

I got 2018.2, then 2018.4.5. This is literally the first time I wasn’t stuck on the last wide release until the new one has gone out to 95% — I was pissed about being on 2017.28 when 2017.38 was starting to roll out!

There are tradeoffs to being on newer builds. At this point they're so regular it's not even worth worrying about.

There are tradeoffs to being on newer builds. At this point they're so regular it's not even worth worrying about.
Yeah when I’m not anxious to receive an update, I totally agree! I liked arriving late to the party because by following these TMC threads I know exactly what to expect.

But I won’t lie.... it is fun once in a while to be on the bleeding edge.

I got 2018.4.5 last night for my AP1 model S, installed fine. Downloaded the new Android app. It now remembers the steering wheel heater setting. You still can't turn on or off the seat heaters or steering wheel heater with the app, but the defrosters come on automatically when you warm the car if it is cold outside.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
I just got it, and all it added was the ability to use "Bars or PSI" for my Tire Pressure Monitor App. The thing is, as far as I know there is no way to see the Tire Pressures in my Car. I don't have any App that I know of... but the settings are there for it in "Settings". Can someone confirm that 2013 cars don't have Tire Pressure readings or am I missing it?

I just got it, and all it added was the ability to use "Bars or PSI" for my Tire Pressure Monitor App. The thing is, as far as I know there is no way to see the Tire Pressures in my Car. I don't have any App that I know of... but the settings are there for it in "Settings". Can someone confirm that 2013 cars don't have Tire Pressure readings or am I missing it?

Tire pressures are displayed in the “Car Status” app on the instrument panel, but only on “newer models” according to the owner manual. Not sure exactly what year they added that feature.

@bareyb does it show up in your instrument panel when you switch either the right or the left side to “Car Status”?

This is what it looks like on my 2017 MS on 2017.50.3:

26187976-3FAB-4590-96FF-951E849D293D.jpeg

Tire pressures are displayed in the “Car Status” app on the instrument panel, but only on “newer models” according to the owner manual. Not sure exactly what year they added that feature.

@bareyb does it show up in your instrument panel when you switch either the right or the left side to “Car Status”?

This is what it looks like on my 2017 MS on 2017.50.3:

View attachment 279539
Thanks. Unfortunately, it appears I don't have the "Car Status" App on either Scroll Wheel. Mine's one of the earlier models so I probably missed the cut.

After VIN 65k or so they switched TPMS sensor types and they now display individual tire pressures.
And may be why some cars get this update and some do not. Depends on how the car is set up. No point in pushing an update to cars that it will not effect. There may be some geographical testing as well, like for cold weather or rain.