Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned this in the neural networks thread, but I'll ask here too. Does the left hand drive world also have the issue that oncoming cars in the opposite direction show up only briefly and unreliably but when they do, they are animated as going in the same direction briefly before disappearing? It seems an optimisation or short cut of some sort but is rather annoying.

• Love
Reactions: RayW
I mentioned this in the neural networks thread, but I'll ask here too. Does the left hand drive world also have the issue that oncoming cars in the opposite direction show up only briefly and unreliably but when they do, they are animated as going in the same direction briefly before disappearing? It seems an optimisation or short cut of some sort but is rather annoying.

Yes.

Reactions: conman
After a week of rain here, I have to say that the autowipers have gone backwards and are less sensitive. On 32.2 they were just barely enough so that I didn't feel obliged to force it to wipe more. With 42.3 I often find myself annoyed with rain collecting on the screen and have to make it wipe manually.
This is really funny, because I was just coming to this thread to report that, after a rainy day commute with .42.3, I've noticed the autowipers are finally useful, and I don't have to either keep clicking the manual wipe button, or leave them on manual low setting!

Reactions: Bilen
This is really funny, because I was just coming to this thread to report that, after a rainy day commute with .42.3, I've noticed the autowipers are finally useful, and I don't have to either keep clicking the manual wipe button, or leave them on manual low setting!
Okay so then my interpretation is the wipers haven't changed at all but the type of rain has changed being a different season here versus there.

I need to be constantly tweaking the fan speed myself as conditions change.
You can still set the fan speed to auto even if the "global" is out of auto. Set the right scroll wheel to control fan speed, then press the scroll wheel to set the fan to auto.

It was the opposite to me. It has gone worse to me. I wonder if the car's windshield makes a difference. I have a MX.

My bluetooth does not auto connect my phone like it did in prior versions. In the past when I get in the car my iPhone would just connect. It could be the New iPhone Xs with iOS 12 which happened at around the same time. I did have to remove my old phone and connect the new phone at that time. I think if I wake up my iPhone before getting in the car it may connect on it's own but not sure if consistent. But it if I bring up the calendar it will say no Phone Connected and I can usually just click on connect but that is becoming a pain.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a new setting somewhere I am missing?
Just a shot in the dark, but if your new phone has the same name as the old phone, try unpairing your new phone (again); re-name it to something else (in the phone settings); then pair the newly-named phone. I’d be curious to see if that solves your issue.

I have a iPhone 7 and experienced the same problem immediately after I upgraded to IOS 12. I deleted my phone from the car and re-added it using the same iPhone user name but it still did not pair. I did a full MCU reboot and the problem was fixed. No problems since.

Haven’t seen this mentioned before. I have NOA, have been using it well. Have noticed when I merge into a freeway and have NOA turned on, the car doesn’t automatically turn the blinker on and merge with traffic. It just follows the road and doesn’t look like it will yield and merge with cars.

Same behavior after NOA takes a freeway transition into another freeway. Is this normal behavior? I thought I had seen people mention NOA merging with traffic, however that may be when moving over lanes to take an exit.

Haven’t seen this mentioned before. I have NOA, have been using it well. Have noticed when I merge into a freeway and have NOA turned on, the car doesn’t automatically turn the blinker on and merge with traffic. It just follows the road and doesn’t look like it will yield and merge with cars.

Same behavior after NOA takes a freeway transition into another freeway. Is this normal behavior? I thought I had seen people mention NOA merging with traffic, however that may be when moving over lanes to take an exit.

That has been my experience. It never attempts to merge onto a highway, never puts on the blinker. It only actively does anything for exits -- suggesting lane changes to get into the right lane for the exit, and then taking the exit (if you're lucky) when you get there.

For some reason I'm stuck at 39.6. Since my car is parked underground with no wifi/LTE, everytime I previously would go to a wifi spot (family/friends) and there was an update I would usually get it. Now however nothing, despite going several times in the past few weeks. Anyone else stuck?

For some reason I'm stuck at 39.6. Since my car is parked underground with no wifi/LTE, everytime I previously would go to a wifi spot (family/friends) and there was an update I would usually get it. Now however nothing, despite going several times in the past few weeks. Anyone else stuck?

Yep - exact same situation, except I’m stuck on 32.4!

I emailed my service centre this morning (first time ever) because when I’ve had it on Wifi, it’s downloaded ~7GB but nothing has shown up, so I suspect a stuck download.

• Informative
Reactions: Litigate28
I miss all the hype and excitement around these releases. I'm already on 44.x but it has nothing new. Time for another update, Tesla, the balls in your court... I'd settle for NoA being available outside the US, though UALC would be even better.

You don't care about NoA, trust me. It's a useless and dangerous gimmick. I just took a long road trip for the (US) holiday weekend and I used it on nice, easy, well-marked, well-mapped interstate highways with no construction, moderate traffic, and clear skies. It was wrong more than it was right and several times almost caused an accident.

• Informative
Reactions: Jan Fiala
You don't care about NoA, trust me. It's a useless and dangerous gimmick. I just took a long road trip for the (US) holiday weekend and I used it on nice, easy, well-marked, well-mapped interstate highways with no construction, moderate traffic, and clear skies. It was wrong more than it was right and several times almost caused an accident.
Yeah but I already said I like playing frogger, and this will be like playing the next level.

• Funny
Reactions: chispas
Wow. Sorry it doesn't work well for you. That's not my experience at all. I've used it regularly on not just my daily commute but several times a week taking my child from Virginia to medical appointments in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. Used it from time I got on I-66, onto the DC beltway, onto I-95, onto I-395 and then shut down as the expressway ended in Baltimore inner harbor area. Worked flawlessly in everything from stop and go traffic to 70 mph highway speeds...and I never touched the steering wheel or gas pedal. Personally, I don't believe it can replace a human driver (nor is it designed to), but it is a superb level 2/3 self driving capability.

I’m sure the experiences vary greatly due to many factors. Like where you are and on what highway driving habits etc.
For me it just hasn’t helped at all. I used it almost everyday for several weeks before finally just giving up and going back to regular AP. It just can’t manage the highway system and quick lane changes needed to drive here in downtown Fort Worth or Dallas.

Reactions: rnortman