Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perfect - thank you for reposting. So the rear camera can now be in the top half of the screen - woohoo! (all as recently promised by Mr. Musk). Look forward to this update as for someone like me without AP hardware, the rear camera is my high tech blind spot detection tool :). Are you able to have the rear camera view in the top portion of the screen while having maps at the bottom or are the maps only in the background behind whatever apps you have launched? (yearning for the previous (8) version where the screens could be easily arranged while not having maps in the background at all times).

So music is always on the bottom, no matter what?

I have music + maps open all the time, so it's perfect for me, but just want to clarify for others.

Configurations I showed seem to be the only options (plus Calendar), so Music always on bottom and 3 options I showed as well as Calendar on the top of the screen. I only played with it for a few minutes though, but this seems in line with Elektrek article about release .42 - Tesla starts releasing Navigate on Autopilot feature with disappointing caveat, update with UI changes

How about these:

1es4fa.jpg

3322xc9.jpg

34gq4as.jpg

Is Navigate on Autopilot there? Electrek said it would be

Requested a Firmware Push for 2 of my Xes today from Service Center,

Both received 2018.40. It appears that Service Centers can't really push 42. Now just making sure they're connected to wifi, to get the update.

Service Centers, Mobile Techs, etc. are purposely kept behind to stop people from continuously calling and asking for firmware updates.

Incorrect. At the time of theses posts, .42 was not released to the public. The only reason you know about .42 is because the EA Program folks posted info about it, even though the program specifically says not to.

Perfect - thank you for reposting. So the rear camera can now be in the top half of the screen - woohoo! (all as recently promised by Mr. Musk). Look forward to this update as for someone like me without AP hardware, the rear camera is my high tech blind spot detection tool :). Are you able to have the rear camera view in the top portion of the screen while having maps at the bottom or are the maps only in the background behind whatever apps you have launched? (yearning for the previous (8) version where the screens could be easily arranged while not having maps in the background at all times).
Connectivity in my area is... poor, and the result is that the maps are usually just a grey grid background. Making the maps exceptionally uninteresting to me. But hey, I have no problem with having a grey background behind my apps!

• Funny
Reactions: JohnnyG and croman
If you have a pre-Autopilot or AP1 car, there are none. There's a reason some of us don't care!

I can't speak to 2018.42.x, which I don't have, but on an earlier Version 9 build, I observed that on my AP1 car after a manual lane change, it was possible to engage auto-steering immediately, as opposed to waiting a couple seconds for the car to "settle" in the lane, which seemed to be required on earlier builds. I don't expect you to consider that to be significant, which is a difference that I respect, but the assertion of "none" is incorrect.

(Clearly there are no AP improvements on a pre-AP car, I totally agree on that part.)

Bruce.

I can't speak to 2018.42.x, which I don't have, but on an earlier Version 9 build, I observed that on my AP1 car after a manual lane change, it was possible to engage auto-steering immediately, as opposed to waiting a couple seconds for the car to "settle" in the lane, which seemed to be required on earlier builds. I don't expect you to consider that to be significant, which is a difference that I respect, but the assertion of "none" is incorrect.

(Clearly there are no AP improvements on a pre-AP car, I totally agree on that part.)

Bruce.

Anything else change AP wise with v9? That seems to be a useful change but I would expect AP1 might benefit from other changes. AP2 has been disallowing lane changes when it sees cones blocking a lane, does AP1 also take the lane away in the IC?

Anything else change AP wise with v9? That seems to be a useful change but I would expect AP1 might benefit from other changes. AP2 has been disallowing lane changes when it sees cones blocking a lane, does AP1 also take the lane away in the IC?

I was wondering if it's technically possible to implement a "drive on Nav" feature for AP1 cars that's essentially equivalent to what AP2/AP2.5 cars can do with 2018.42.x (according to the Electrek article), where the car plans your lane changes for you, but you have to initiate the actual lane change. It seems that it just would need the path planning and display parts of this feature, which shouldn't be too different on AP1 than on AP2/AP2.5. This would have the benefit of improved lane guidance on the IC, over what AP1 users currently get.

Bruce.

I was wondering if it's technically possible to implement a "drive on Nav" feature for AP1 cars that's essentially equivalent to what AP2/AP2.5 cars can do with 2018.42.x (according to the Electrek article), where the car plans your lane changes for you, but you have to initiate the actual lane change. It seems that it just would need the path planning and display parts of this feature, which shouldn't be too different on AP1 than on AP2/AP2.5. This would have the benefit of improved lane guidance on the IC, over what AP1 users currently get.

Bruce.

You can very easily. What AP2 V9 is doing is very simplistic.
Didn't that hacker guy do something similar with the ultrasonics?

You can very easily. What AP2 V9 is doing is very simplistic.
Didn't that hacker guy do something similar with the ultrasonics?

That "hacker guy" is @wk057 and yes but he's more than a software hacker. But v9 is doing a lot more than you seem to appreciate but we know your agenda doesn't allow you to be objective.