Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslafi shows it as a 3 no?
0MJYx27.png

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Just received this update in my Model X, but I assume it will be the same release notes for the S and 3... They finally figured out that they should force you to enter your Tesla credentials to disable Mobile Access!!!
Thanks for posting the info. This feature makes so much sense. This will prevent service centers from turning off the mobile access as well?

They finally figured out that they should force you to enter your Tesla credentials to disable Mobile Access!!!

So would this be the first time anywhere in the Tesla in-car UI that you have to enter your Tesla credentials?

(I was thinking about the security implications of accepting credentials, although so far I don't see anything wrong with this design. Needing some sort of authentication to turn off Mobile Access is good IMHO.)

Bruce.

Highly doubtful, in fact they probably have, or will, automate it such that when a vehicle is checked in for service that mobile access gets disabled automatically. (And then re-enabled when the service invoice is closed out.)

Which will probably become another exploit; somehow trick the car into thinking it's being checked in for service.

So would this be the first time anywhere in the Tesla in-car UI that you have to enter your Tesla credentials?

(I was thinking about the security implications of accepting credentials, although so far I don't see anything wrong with this design. Needing some sort of authentication to turn off Mobile Access is good IMHO.)

Hm, so maybe tricking people into opening a website in their browser that asks for their tesla credentials? As soon as Tesla adds the ability to share a website from your phone to your Tesla this could become dangerous -- though it would be need to be a very targeted attack as most people don't own Teslas.